(Video) Do's & Dont's when riding on the Track - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-20-2007, 12:48 PM Thread Starter

Red face (Video) Do's & Dont's when riding on the Track

From Personal Experience (See Video)

DO: focus on the race line, break points, shift points, body position, apex and throttle control (See video)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

DON'T!!!: Start sight seeing at 120mph, look at the speedo or get pissed at the laptimer for not recording what may have been your fastest lap!!! (see video)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:10 AM

Re: (Video) Do's & Dont's when riding on the Track

Nice.

I would also like to add KEEP IN MIND, especially if you're in intermediate, there are people out there slower than you, and they're riding as hard as they can. So, watch coming into corners, especially hot ones, and brake a little more if needed, so you don't have to upright, try an outsdide line mid-corner, and fly into the sand.

On the same coin, if you feel like you're going slower in a corner than you could, DONT all the sudden change you line erratically to go tight on the apex..., someone behind you may think you've already taken your line, and is passing you on the inside.

(both from the same experience)

This could be a great thread.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 07:55 AM
I eat my R6

And as the last vid pointed out, DON'T enter into a corner to fast...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-21-2007, 10:15 AM Thread Starter

I was too busy looking and cursing the lap timer for not stoping when it should have. Next thing I know, oops! there goes my last brake marker, oops my rear tire is airborne, oops the road is ending. Crap! I hope I have enough time to slow down before hitting the wall! Thankfully, things worked out, I had the chance to take the bike off road...and managed to keep it on 2 wheels.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-08-2007, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishp2005
From Personal Experience (See Video)

DO: focus on the race line, break points, shift points, body position, apex and throttle control (See video)

DON'T!!!: Start sight seeing at 120mph, look at the speedo or get pissed at the laptimer for not recording what may have been your fastest lap!!! (see video)

Damn how did you slow down so fast on that grass without sliding out? Good brake control.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 11:16 AM
Moderator Narcissist

Bike: 2009 White R1

For real man...I thought for sure you were gonna slide her on her side...nice save!

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishp2005
I was too busy looking and cursing the lap timer for not stoping when it should have. Next thing I know, oops! there goes my last brake marker, oops my rear tire is airborne, oops the road is ending. Crap! I hope I have enough time to slow down before hitting the wall! Thankfully, things worked out, I had the chance to take the bike off road...and managed to keep it on 2 wheels.
Well I might as well go ahead and admit it, I laid my R6 down in the grass going much slower than you. I was cresting a hill on a country road that my buddies were taking me on. All the sudden after the crest it turns left and negative camber, target fixation, could not react/lean fast enough.....went into the shoulder (grass), grabbed too much front brake and layed 'er down in the grass...going WAY slower than you were going. Busted plastic mid fairing and a flooded bike later, I have learned the hard way. Changing the fouled plugs sucked.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-30-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

Several times the front end felt like it was going to tuck in. Managed to keep it up. I wasn't so lucky earlier this year on that very turn. Went in way too fast, drifted onto the off camber side of the turn and low sided. I could have saved it, all I had to do was stand the bike up and run it off the track, but I was being too aggressive and leaned it more than the bike could give. The bike flipped, rolled and tumbled, a month later the bike was fixed and I was back on the track. The lesson learned, know the limits of your bike and what to do when you are getting close to the edge.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-01-2007, 06:21 PM

Bike: 03 R6

I have a buddy that did that in front of me. I was thinking are you planing on turning? dude! what the **** are you doing turn!!!!
off the track he went.
blamed it on target fixation. haha.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-03-2007, 06:21 AM
Moderator Narcissist

Bike: 2009 White R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue03r6
I have a buddy that did that in front of me. I was thinking are you planing on turning? dude! what the **** are you doing turn!!!!
off the track he went.
blamed it on target fixation. haha.
I've been in that situation before....being behind a buddy you know's runnin' into trouble...makes ya feel so damn useless don't it?! All you can do it watch and yell inside your lid...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in