proper riding technique??? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
Raven got its makeover

Bike: 2006 R6 Raven
proper riding technique???PICS :)

Been riding for only a year but(not to toot my own horn) i have cought on pretty fast, i meen i put over 7000 miles on this year and im not done yet.

My chicken strips are non existant, but i feel that my body posture isnt the best. I'm an honest guy, active duty army, looking for some honest answers. I welcome all input and will atach a few pics to help out.

GO!!!!!!!! R6 FORUM!!!!!!!!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Scars are better than T-shirts, and the glory last forever!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by bigstewey; 11-01-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Raven got its makeover

Re: proper riding technique???

before everyone gets one me.....

yeah i know wheres my gear right....i have a leather icon jacket but my girl was riding with me that day so i let her wear it....plus this ride was basically for pic purposes anyway.....she has such a sweet ----- camera haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:06 AM
WATCHOUT...I'll be back

Bike: '07 Candy Red

I'm still trying to get to that point. Only been riding for 5 month now, but I'm getting there. Yup you said it about your gear. When I saw the pic I was like damn that elbow. But I guess you also said it, "Scars are better than T-shirts, and the glory last forever! " All in all look good. Ride safe.

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 09:15 AM Thread Starter
Raven got its makeover

yeah i look at gp racers and i think that my chin and chest should be closer to the tank and i should be hanging off the bike more......but i dont know???

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:11 AM
Moderatore Eccellente!

Bike: YAMAHA

Check out this thread started by Yamadan.

Click on my signature to see pics and updates on Isabella , our youngest forum member, born 11/6/2007
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:26 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8
Check out this thread started by Yamadan.

+1
You should move this topic to that thread. Keep that thread going.

|
|
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:34 AM
Moderatore Eccellente!

Bike: YAMAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon
+1
You should move this topic to that thread. Keep that thread going.
I would have to agree. How about it Bigstewey. Post your pics up there and lets keep that very informative thread going.

Click on my signature to see pics and updates on Isabella , our youngest forum member, born 11/6/2007
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 10:37 AM Thread Starter
Raven got its makeover

will do my r6 brothers

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:42 PM

it should look something like my avatar lol. youve got great form though. i really wouldnt push any harder without knee sliders tho. with some gear on, you should lean forward and to the left until your inside elbow is really bent (really push yourself off the bike). this is made easier by grabbing your bike with the outside leg, i nearly hook the bike with my leg when i do it. but thats just the "standard" way to do it. it looks like you've got it down cold tho. theres different ways of riding so dont stress too much on it. kinda like multiple world superbike champion Troy Bayliss...

the point of leaning off the bike is so that the bike doesnt have to lean as much. but as you can see troy bayliss just stays right over the top of his bike and drags his foot pegs across the ground.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 11:36 AM
Custom User Title

Bike: Built 08 r6 race bike
Send a message via AIM to Daredevil

your body position is pretty f'd up. right now you have lean angle, but you aren't going to be able to get any faster beacuse of it. go to the track, do a school and you'll realize how bad you used to ride
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in