RideSmart Track Day - Nov 24 @ TWS - College Station, TX - LAST OF THE SEASON!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: empty now
RideSmart Track Day - Nov 24 @ TWS - College Station, TX - LAST OF THE SEASON!!!

So who from here is up to coming with me? I have been attending these guys sessions and had a blast each time. They even provide food the night before and most of the time provide lunch during the track day.
A few times back (end of Sept) they had Ben Spies join them at the track day (I even have a vid of his interview with the school). Him and Ty Howard are both on the interview vid (gotta find a way to make it into an avi and post it up).
So they got some real good talent teaching.

Let me know. This is a saturday event (weekend), means you don't have to take vacation. I will be there Friday afternoon, to set up and get a good spot in the paddocks, and bs with friends the night before.

Hope to see you there.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo
Re: RideSmart Track Day - Nov 24 @ TWS - College Station, TX - LAST OF THE SEASON!!!

There should be a lot of Guys going from motohouston. I won't be at this event but wish I could go and get my 9th trackday this year.

Blue because it is faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-12-2007, 03:31 AM
Texas = Riding All Year

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6
Re: RideSmart Track Day - Nov 24 @ TWS - College Station, TX - LAST OF THE SEASON!!!

I wish I could make it. I'll be at MSR-Houston doing the Longhorn trackday that day. You guys have fun. I'll see you all there next year.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

I just got some coupons for RideSmart that say they would give the track day for $100 at TWS on Nov 24.
That is like $40-50 bucks off the regular price.
So the price seems kick arse and the track is the full 2.9 mile CC direction track. So it will be real nice. Anyone wants to get on this, let me know, and we will see how we can get you the coupon.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 01:44 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mulatto
I wish I could make it. I'll be at MSR-Houston doing the Longhorn trackday that day. You guys have fun. I'll see you all there next year.
I am going to have to play at MSRH again I had a blast and thanks for helping me out last time. Buck's trackday has been my best track experience I have had so far. I have to work over christmas so I can make my dream of getting a track bike a reality for me.

I am considering TWS on the 24th because it is in my backyard and I need to kill this set of race tires I have. If I do sign up I will be riding in group 4.

Blue because it is faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM
Texas = Riding All Year

Bike: 2009 Yamaha R6

Mojo, let me know when you're ready to come back out to MSRH with us at Longhorn. I'll be sure and be ready to work with ya again. Had fun last time and you made awesome advances.

Were you there on the first date we ran the track backwards? If not, you owe it yourself to come on a "backwards day." It's my preferred direction now. It's more technical, T16 and 17 is a BLAST and Diamonds Edge sneaks up on you real quick
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. 18 dates in '08. Let me know.

/thread jack
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 04:47 PM
I eat my R6

I went yesterday.. It was raining and COLD as hell. Not many people were there. There was only a handfull of people that stayed past 3:30. But we put like 70 some miles in. It was still fun...but miserable at the same time, as soon as i started to feel it and get into going faster It would start pouring. But yeah cant wait till Feb 3 08, my next trackday!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11-25-2007, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

I hear ya about the cold. My tires were not rain friendly, and did not want to spend 300 for a set. So Feb is the next time I get my fix. Can't wait either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in