Track day pics 11-5-07 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-09-2007, 09:55 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Track day pics 11-5-07

Hey everyone. I did a Ridesmart track day/track school on the 5th at Motorsports Ranch in Cresston, TX. I know there was at least one other forum member who attended - maybe he got some pics, too.

I rode in Level 1, since it was my first time with Ridesmart, and my first time to run the track in this particular configuration. Anyway, had a blast and Ridesmart put on a very well organized and fun track day.

I welcome any critique from you guys!

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 01:09 AM
I eat my R6

Re: Track day pics 11-5-07

you look crossed up, get your chest on the tank and your head down a lot more...like they say "kiss the mirror". plenty of time to learn though, welcome to the addiction!
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:14 AM

Bike: 03 R6

I've heard it said a 1000x's by the pro's, there is no such thing as the proper body position. you guys need to get that metality out of your heads. it has nothing to do with how fast you can go through a corner.

take Mic Doohan for example, world champion Moto GP rider. with the craziest body position I've ever seen.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1989_doohan_island.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	20.8 KB
ID:	16304  

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 06:28 AM
I eat my R6

Great pics. Looking good on that R6.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 07:36 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon
Great pics. Looking good on that R6.
Thanks, man. I agree there is no one correct body position, but do I seem crossed up to anyone else? My instructor said I was doing well, just gave me a few pointers on some lines.

I should probably be over the tank more, and if I was, I would be "kissing the mirrors" as they say. I like to lower my lead shoulder and let that guide me through the turn (thats one of the body positioning points they taught as well).

Anyway, did anyone else make it to Cresson on the 5th, and do you have any pics?
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:35 AM

Looks like you had a good time. Try to get your head down where your mirror should be. No pro here, just some advice I've been given. And maybe get your outside leg up against and gtripping the tank in turns.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 08:54 AM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by prdstm0nke
Thanks, man. I agree there is no one correct body position, but do I seem crossed up to anyone else? My instructor said I was doing well, just gave me a few pointers on some lines.

I should probably be over the tank more, and if I was, I would be "kissing the mirrors" as they say. I like to lower my lead shoulder and let that guide me through the turn (thats one of the body positioning points they taught as well).

Anyway, did anyone else make it to Cresson on the 5th, and do you have any pics?
Actually, if you read YamaDan's thread on this subject, he talks about how you slide your butt off the seat by sliding around the tank in the direction you want to go. This means your chest and head will probably not be directly above your tank. To me, you looked like you were more upright and might need to position your chest and head a bit lower. You looked fine to me. You had your shoulder and knee pointing in the direction of the turn. The important part is you were looking out into the turn. You did fine brotha. You know how I know? You had fun!

|
|
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 04:35 PM

Bike: 03 R6

one thing about lowering your body and head down more, it lets you hang on and accelerate hard without using your arms to hang on. hanging on with your arms is a no no. it can create headshakes etc..
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-10-2007, 05:06 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: empty now

Great you had a good time.
I was there too. It was an awesome day.
Try to see if you can make TWS on Nov 24. I will be there...already know a bunch of others planning to go too. Last track day of the season, TWS, what else can you say.
I posted my pics in another thread on the R1 forum.

post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-11-2007, 11:48 AM
2007 R6

Bike: 2007 Track R6

Your riding position looks great. There are alot of people that will say you need to do this and you need to do that. Ride alot and that will come in time you have a really good base to start with. My first trackday I looked like I was standing up
it takes time don't over think it.

2007 R6 - O2 Carbon Tank Cover, GYTR Carbon Fiber rear tire hugger,Carbon Fiber Swingarm covers,Carbon Fiber Front Fender, MCarbon side covers, MCM Carbon Fiber Stator Cover and Clutch Cover, Ohlins Rear Shock, Ohlins Fork Internals and Seals, Yoshimura Header w/ DTC Carbon Pipe, Dynojet PCIII, Driven F/R Sprockets +2 Rear and -1front, Carbon Fiber heel guards, Tuner X Frame Sliders, Pazzo Levers, RK 520 Chain, BMC air Filter,Rizoma Grips and Bar Ends, GPR V4 Damper, Woodcraft Rear sets,DMS Rear Wave Rotor, Galfer Brakelines, BT003 Race Tires, Ferodo Brake Pads,PIT-ECK Race Body,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in