S.Florida rider looking for first track day - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:37 AM Thread Starter

S.Florida rider looking for first track day

I have never done a track day before and I don't know the first thing about getting involved in it. I live in Palm Beach County and Moroso Motorsports park is fairly close to me. Does anyone have any advice or information that could help me get onto a track?

Here are my current resources:
Moroso Track
Boots, gloves, helmet, and a two piece leather suit that zips together
2006 R6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 11:25 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2007 R6s Shift Red
Re: S.Florida rider looking for first track day

Duck tape and take off your license plate, and check to see if you will have to drain the coolant out and run just water.

What ever you want to do, do it, there are only so many tomarrows.

Power Commander, Graves velocity stacks, K&N Air Filter, Full Ackropovic Evolution exhaust, Vortex mirror blockoff, Graves smog block off plates, CRG barend mirror, Race Tech .95 fork springs, 10.7 rear shock spring, Vortex adjustable rearsets, fender eliminator, flush mount turn signals, CRG Short levers, 520 conversion -1,+2, gold chain, dynojet quickshifter.

New paint soon to come, John Deer Green w/yellow powder coated wheel) getting tired of the red...

2007 Suzuki GSXR 750, stock (sold to my best friends Brother) (RIP Jeremy Ray Peterson)
1999 Ford SVT Lightning, 4lbs. lower pulley, full exhuast, K&N Intake, MSD Coils.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 07:28 PM
Will work for tires.

Bike: ducati996 st-06R6 track

I'd do a school first. Ed bargy does one at jennings gp and Frank kinsey does one at Roebling road that is farely cheap. They will work on all kinds of things with you and set parameters to keep you under control and on your rubber. Plus they will work on your body position and give you ideas of what you will need for your first day. That's the best way to start Bud. Got any other questions pm me.

"Ok, so what's the speed of dark?"
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6
Send a message via AIM to Basa820

soflasportbikes.com there's a bunch of ppl there that go to tracks around here

06 R6 Raven
lowered 2 inches
Dustin's Mid Pipe
PoweCommander
BMC Race Filter
6k HID Kit left/right
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 R1/2006 gsxr 600

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

$125 for a trackday, very limited amount of people, if its your first time, they will provide you with some classroom time also in between your sessions...several of us on here do thier trackdays, they are also doing one in conjunction with the r1/r6 forums for the Elvis memorial track event in Feb
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aron213

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

$125 for a trackday, very limited amount of people, if its your first time, they will provide you with some classroom time also in between your sessions...several of us on here do thier trackdays, they are also doing one in conjunction with the r1/r6 forums for the Elvis memorial track event in Feb

Who are you??? lol

If you do a track day with BATD it's a private event that Florida Sport Bikers hold. Classroom time for novice riders and control riders to help with your lines (and some very very very good riders out there teaching the novice riders).

Without the control riders I wouldn't of been able to hold a consistent 1:36 lap time at Jennings for my very first track day and I'm not used to turns at all....
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-15-2008, 01:06 AM
its ok im a gangster

Bike: 2005 raven r6

check out a track org like nesba.com or sbtt.... and read all you can here ...
great site.. for all the questions you might have ......made by one of the control riders from the nesba mid west group enjoy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in