Trackday Clubs? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
my R6 ate a bus

Bike: Burnt Rice Crispy
Trackday Clubs?

How many do you all belong too, or should you belong too if its your first time.

Im on the east coast, so im looking at sites like these:

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

they all have a $75 membership fee + track fees. How do i decided what to do, like how many track days, how many times to one track, etc... i just want to get on already.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-18-2008, 07:41 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo
Re: Trackday Clubs?

We have 6 trackday orgs here in Texas and none of them have membership fees so I end up riding them based on which weekend I want to ride then I pick the track because they are all within 2 hours from my house.

Blue because it is faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 11:59 AM

I've done quite a few and enjoy team promotion trackdays the best so far. They are pretty laid back like myself and the groups seem to be grouped correctly as far a riding ability is concerned. Nothing will improve your riding skills like riding on the track. Me and a couple friends are doing the first one of the year at VIR North Course (same course AMA races on) March 17th. This will be the first time I will ride my 2006 R6 on the track. My last R6 was a 2003 model. Come join us, we'll be in a big all white fun mover RV.

Andy

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 12:09 PM
New Yorker

fee is $40. doing may 09 pocono raceway east course. its a small org. and they claim to be not strict and laid back. i spoke with jose plamenco, and he seems very nice.

side note-they have a schedules at the new track in NJ Millville motorsports (thunderbolt or something) not familiar with this town, but i might try the fresh pavement.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-19-2008, 02:45 PM Thread Starter
my R6 ate a bus

Bike: Burnt Rice Crispy

ya im prob going to do most of my days through teampromotion, only heard good things from them. Only problem thats stopping me is finding either a tow hitch/trailer for my jeep, or finding someone near me to ride with.

+1 on NJ motorpark. I got a thread up of that place with some recent pics on here somewhere. Looks nice, and not to far from me, about a 30min drive
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 02-24-2008, 05:07 PM
Will Race for Food

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan87 View Post
How many do you all belong too, or should you belong too if its your first time.

Im on the east coast, so im looking at sites like these:

they all have a $75 membership fee + track fees. How do i decided what to do, like how many track days, how many times to one track, etc... i just want to get on already.
I'm one of the coaches for Team Promotion, and I'm happy to answer any questions you may have. Might want to check out each of the clubs to see which one you like the best. I'm of course partial to TPM but I've ridden with Nesba and I've never ridden with Absolute but I know the owner over there Roy Cadoo very well and I'm sure it is a well run event.

Put the suspension back on the bike today, installed new throttle bodies, ajusted the idle (pain on the 2006 have to use a manual screw to block the throttle from closing all the way), just need to change out all the fluids and she is ready for VIR in three weeks.

Z

Wera & CCS EX#79, Team Promotion Coach #79 AMA Moto-GT #12
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2009 Sponsors:
Team Pro-Motion, Speedwerks, CTR Suspensions, Turner Landscaping, Redline Motorsports, Vortex Racing, LP, Pirelli

They say you only live once, if you lived my life once is more then enough. - Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in