Anyone else uncomfortable with passengers... - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
I'm addicted.

Bike: 2004 Yamaha R6 LE
Send a message via AIM to Silverracer04
Anyone else uncomfortable with passengers...

Alright, so i've been riding for about 7 months now, and have been avoiding taking people on the back. Apart from removing the rear seat and no gear for a passenger, I haven't had to worry much. But... Problem is still around, now that the weather here is starting to warm up and look better, girls want rides. So i think to myself "Who am I to deny any hot chicks a chance to hold onto me tight...". Reality is, i'm freaked out that the worst is going to happen and somehow put their life in danger. I've accepted the risks for myself, but not for anyone else on back..

So my question, is anyone else having problems with this. If not, how do I get past this. I realize riding time will make me more comfortable, but the fact is, even being comfortable with myself, im not quite comfortable with putting someone elses life in danger quite yet. Any advice or ideas?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 04:23 PM

Re: Anyone else uncomfortable with passengers...

I got my bike last summer, first day I had it this hot chick wanted to ride it (fastest thing she's been on was a 250 Ninja lols). But yea, all I could think about was her getting road rash all over, and it being my fault. This summer though I think I've had enough experience to go for some short low speed rides with a passenger.
post #3 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:11 PM
My R6 eats me.

Garage

Like acupholdr68 said, take it slow at first with a passenger. Make sure you talk with her, not drill her, on things like leaning with you going into a turn. Have her look over your shoulder through the turn when in the turn. When stopping/slowing down, have her grip your legs with hers and use her stomach muscles to help support herself. Instead of putting all her weight on her wrists, and/or sliding into you and crushing big jim and the twins. I usually also would say, hey if I need to speed up a little I'll pat your leg twice to HOLD ON.

post #4 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-21-2008, 09:44 PM Thread Starter
I'm addicted.

Bike: 2004 Yamaha R6 LE
Send a message via AIM to Silverracer04

Yeah I completely know what your sayin acupholdr68. I have had a few very good looking females want a ride, and i must say, my 6 would look SO much better with them on the back, but i just get this vision of rashin them up, and their brothers/fathers/friends wanting to kill me for it. Unfortunately, until i get out and do it comfortably, thats probably going to stay in the back of my mind.

Is it normal to be freaked out until you get past it and do it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Intermediate Knee Dragger

Bike: 2009 TU250

I rode for about 9 months before I ever carried a passenger due to worry about wrecking with one.

I also never gave rides without some gear for the passenger, unless we were just riding around the parking lot or something like that. I wouldn't go out onto a busy road with a gearless passenger, no matter how hot she was.

Nowadays, I take my wife with me to the track.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 12:15 PM

Aww! Matching suits! So Cute! hahaha
post #7 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:09 PM
Super MOD

Bike: 04 shitbox

passengers are supposed to brace themselves on the tank when coming to stops so not to squish ur balls. one lady friend i take with me is great at riding, i never even kno she's there sometimes, and have to reach back to check make sure she's still there.

post #8 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
rockin the '08

Bike: 2008 blue R6
Send a message via AIM to Pharoh Send a message via MSN to Pharoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmoneyflo View Post
passengers are supposed to brace themselves on the tank when coming to stops so not to squish ur balls.
+1

my gf was the first passenger I ever took on my bike and I've been riding just over a year now.

She knows how to use the tank to brace herself under braking, how to lean with me and not against me and when she should move her head from one shoulder to the other. She's also 5'4" and very light which makes for a great ride.

Respect and Gratitude have no borders

post #9 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:46 PM
Born 2 Ride YAMAHA

Bike: 1999 Yamaha R6
Send a message via AIM to CrashR21Bud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharoh View Post
+1

my gf was the first passenger I ever took on my bike and I've been riding just over a year now.

She knows how to use the tank to brace herself under braking, how to lean with me and not against me and when she should move her head from one shoulder to the other. She's also 5'4" and very light which makes for a great ride.
A great ride huh?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Are you talkin on the bike or in the bedroom?!?! Got pic's?

Born to Ride Sleep when I die NO REGRETS

In the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
post #10 of 65 (permalink) Old 02-22-2008, 01:49 PM
Wanna Ride?

Bike: Charcoal Grey r6 R6 2007
Send a message via AIM to Rbatista Send a message via MSN to Rbatista Send a message via Yahoo to Rbatista

Thats always in my head when riding a with a girl and most girls around here are hard headed and dont wanna put on gear and just wanna look pretty when they ride...but i just try not to ride anyone now i have my girlfriend so now and then we ride but i bought her the gear i dont wanna take the chance ya know
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in