Setting up a Company for racing - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:25 AM Thread Starter

Setting up a Company for racing

Hello,
I had other question. I'm not sure this can be done but I was thinking of creating a side company something like "JY Racing" and from my understanding this would allow me to write everything off on the track and who knows I might get to the point I really want to race (but this might not happen) still you should be able to create a company and write everything off. If anyone has done this let me know. I have already spent about 4k and I haven't even seen the track haha.

2K 2001 r6
2K riding gear/misc. parts

thanks,
Jonathan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:36 AM
wat?

Bike: 09 R6, 14 Street Triple R
Re: Setting up a Company for racing

Your "company" will eventually need to show a profit...
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 09:42 AM Thread Starter

yes I know thats why I would at lest take the loss for 2 years and see what I'm doing at that point. its better then just spending the $ and not being able to write it off. so I can at lest have two years of write offs before I have to do anything. and 2years would be about at lest 10k so that way uncle SAM desn't get more money from me
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
. I wanted to know if anyone has thought of this before? I'm still going to talk with my tax guy.

thanks,
Jonathan

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 12:09 PM
I m starting to eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6s-Blue; 1-hp rented

what do u write it off from..... unless u get a refund for unprofitable business, sounds a good idea.... anyway pls enlighten me

06 R6s Blue
MIVV GP Slipon ~ PC USBIII ~ BMC Air Filter ~ Custom Map ~ Shogun Crash Kit ~ Pazzo Short Levers ~ Driven Gel Grips ~ Fender Eliminator Kit ~ Euro Effects HID Conversion Kit 4300K
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 01:13 PM Thread Starter

from what the gov. takes out of my personal W2 forum is about 10k a year so if I start a company under my SSN number and lets say I dump about 15k in this year. I should be able to write off 15K on my personal taxes because I'm running this company under my SSN #. then the 10k I gave to uncle sam should come back as a refund or part of it. I don't think this is cheating uncle sam because he was able to hold it for 12months. PLus I'm really spending this money on a side company I started nothing says I need to make the company show profits for I think the first two years.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-21-2008, 08:40 PM
I m starting to eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6s-Blue; 1-hp rented

thanks, i will also explore this opt

06 R6s Blue
MIVV GP Slipon ~ PC USBIII ~ BMC Air Filter ~ Custom Map ~ Shogun Crash Kit ~ Pazzo Short Levers ~ Driven Gel Grips ~ Fender Eliminator Kit ~ Euro Effects HID Conversion Kit 4300K
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 08:18 AM

I know in NYS you're company has to show a profit at least 1 year out of 5 years, or else its considered a hobby.

I have a media company that I write all of my car and bike stuff off of for advertising and promotional purposes because they all carry my stickers.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-22-2008, 11:11 AM Thread Starter

I work full time and also have a side computer company. I was think about create this comany to advertes my small computer comany
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or should I just create this as a racing team?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-23-2008, 10:56 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

well you would need business plan consisting of a sales budget, production budget in any or merchandise. materials, including a scheule of expected cash, labor budget, overhead budget, SG&A (selling general & administration budget), income statement and balance sheet to make it legit. if you need help setting something like that up drop me a line.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-24-2008, 03:21 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

It is easy if you already own the company put your company's logo or stickers on your vehicle than you can use it as a tax write off and you can even include every drop of gas you put into the vehicle.

Blue because it is faster.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in