Inside foot positioning help! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 01:36 PM Thread Starter
Will work for track time

Bike: An orange one
Wink Inside foot positioning help!

Hey guys,

I have really been trying to work on my body positioning lately as I approach my first track day later this month. One problem that I am really having is my inside foot positioning as I am in the turn. I have an 04 R6 and the problem that I am having is when I am in the turn, the ball of my feet are on the rear set, arched up and away from the ground but the back of my boot keeps rubbing against the swingarm. I noticed it when I got off the bike and looked at the swingarm and the paint was rubbed off.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

This is were the paint is rubbing off.(dont mind the chicken strips. This tire was 10 miles new.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

So my question is, for you 03-05 owners, do you have the same rubbing issue? I wear a size 44 Alpinestar SMX4 boot and I find it hard to not rub against the swingarm. I noticed that the new generation swingarms have a plastic casing around the swingarm, the exact place were I am rubbing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 01:53 PM
Just Burnin Time

Re: Inside foot positioning help!

mine rubs exactly on that plastic caasing you speak of on the swingarm... I think you are fine, your foots inside and you are on the balls fo your feet. thats my opinion though

2006 r6 w/ Full LeoVince SBK

Sig by TwizzY
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 02:37 PM

you should be fine i dont think any harm will come out of it

i would rather have that problem vs. the one i have with my boots melting on my exhaust due to the fact its a blue flame high mount

post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:00 PM Thread Starter
Will work for track time

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVKrawler View Post
mine rubs exactly on that plastic caasing you speak of on the swingarm... I think you are fine, your foots inside and you are on the balls fo your feet. thats my opinion though
But see you 06-08 guys have the plastic case over your swingarm. We dont. I have already rubbed the swingarm paint completley off and bought some colorrite touch up paint to touch it up. I wonder if aftermarket rearsets would fix the issue or maybe some 3M clear tape that they put on the front of cars to protect the paint from chipping when rocks hit it...

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:11 PM

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Do you have any pics of you on bike mid-turn???

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Team: Teletubby racing

Bike: 2004 r6,1973 norton

hey homo.....i got an 04 also...and this is how i use my foot position(p.s. im not going fast cause we are under yellow flag)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Dan for mod 2010!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 408_grow View Post
id vote dan for mod
Proud Member of Team: TELETUBBY RACING
Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.,1-800-273-TALK

godspeed Noodz
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:23 PM Thread Starter
Will work for track time

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
Do you have any pics of you on bike mid-turn???
Not yet. I will on the track on the 26th... Im also going to have an instructer hlp me out on my BP. Ive been told its good but I still feel like I need minor adjustments
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefyter0143 View Post
hey homo.....i got an 04 also...and this is how i use my foot position(p.s. im not going fast cause we are under yellow flag)

does your foot rub the swingarm?
I cant see with that pic...basically i have my foot pivoted, tucked in but it keeps hitting the swingarm.

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:37 PM
Team: Teletubby racing

Bike: 2004 r6,1973 norton

mine doesn't hit....but then agian im a size euro 43 (9).
your not gonna die from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Dan for mod 2010!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 408_grow View Post
id vote dan for mod
Proud Member of Team: TELETUBBY RACING
Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.,1-800-273-TALK

godspeed Noodz
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:47 PM
What up?

Bike: 07 R6, Blue, 07 R1, Blue

I put a piece of black electric tape over the rubbing on both sides and change it every several washes. It holds up good and protects the swingarm well. And the tape color blends in perfect. Its a cosmetic thing
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
Will work for track time

Hmm.... I may have to do that! Glad I am not the only one...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in