Race School? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 01:58 PM Thread Starter
Its Only a 600?

Bike: 2007 R6 (Blue)
Send a message via AIM to Bozzo06
Race School?

Hey guys, I've been looking to better myself every time i can on my bike. I've only been riding for about 4 months now, and it seems that every time i go out to ride, i learn something new or get a little more comfortable. I've heard that you can take lessons at the track to better your skills, and get more comfortable on the bike. Have any of you guys taken these classes? Do you think i should get more riding time before i take these classes, or are they even a necessity before i hit up the track? I'm in Nor Cal, and Infineon is prob my best bet.

CW Flush Mounts, CW Fender Eliminator, Puig Windscreen, GYTR Slip On, TapeWorks Rim Tape,6000K HID, PFW Mid Pipe, PCIII, 2007 AMA Decals, Pazzo Levers, Shogun Frame Sliders, C/A Int Tail Light, Seat Cowl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Team: Teletubby racing

Bike: 2004 r6,1973 norton
Re: Race School?

i work for suisun city fire.....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

i'm takin a pridmore school this fall....i highly recommend it..
ummmm you should get some seat time to get to know your bike first bro....
go with us in september to thunderhill, and i'll show you the ropes, like i did redwood650 and paytheon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Dan for mod 2010!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 408_grow View Post
id vote dan for mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of Team: TELETUBBY RACING
Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.,1-800-273-TALK

godspeed Noodz
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:25 PM Thread Starter
Its Only a 600?

Bike: 2007 R6 (Blue)
Send a message via AIM to Bozzo06

Sounds good, I might have to check out that class. I might have to do the Uhaul thing, but oh well it won't be that bad. Is that class too advanced for someone like me, or are there different levels of it. I don't want to go out on my first track day and look like a idiot.

CW Flush Mounts, CW Fender Eliminator, Puig Windscreen, GYTR Slip On, TapeWorks Rim Tape,6000K HID, PFW Mid Pipe, PCIII, 2007 AMA Decals, Pazzo Levers, Shogun Frame Sliders, C/A Int Tail Light, Seat Cowl.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 03:51 PM
www.1seven1.com

If the Pridmore school is near you, take it. Fantastic and a hell of a deal! Really good people, too. Jason got a WSBK ride for the rest of the season after MMP last weekend. I got a chance to talk with him and he said his race schedule won't interfere with his schools at all.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

-D
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Custom User Title

Bike: Built 08 r6 race bike
Send a message via AIM to Daredevil

keigwin's novice school at thunderhill in sept

it'll be my 3rd time going to the novice school (doing the intermediate school next week)

hit me up, im pretty constant of going to thunderhill

and you're very close to t-hill

also, check out bay area riders forum .com

or BARF for short.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-08-2008, 10:45 AM

Check out
and click on 2008 track day schedule

Has all the track days, locations, and club/school running it.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 09:20 PM

Spencer shool is great. Some add'l seat time on the bike is helpful but not needed.

I took the Spencer race school, but I have heard good things about his street school as well. Nick Ienatsch is the head instructor, and Shane Turpin, Jeff Haney, and other AMA or AFM veterans, some retiring with factory rides, are fantastic instructors. Freddie comes in as well and is a wealth of knowledge. Some find him annoying as an AMA announcer, but he is a great teacher and knows his stuff.

It's not cheap, but it is well worth it. My riding skills increased 10 fold after the class.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in