As a noob myself i wish to let other noobs know - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 05:20 PM Thread Starter

As a noob myself i wish to let other noobs know

i am a new rider only for almost 4 weeks with an 08r6, and i asked this guy name Big Chuck whats the best way to position yourself when you corner, and he replied Throttle Control.

im still not pro at my shit yet, but damn i had no idea thats the first major step.

what does everyone else think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 06:00 PM
My R6 eats my $$

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6
Re: As a noob myself i wish to let other noobs know

yeah im a noob also, just got my 08 about 2 weeks ago, been riding almost every day. Hadn't really had anyone teach me how to ride, just kinda got on it and did it, worked well for me, im feeling better and better about riding every day. I still have a looooooong ways to go though, i love the bike though

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Yamaha YZF-R6
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:08 PM
Team: Teletubby racing

Bike: 2004 r6,1973 norton

how about body position....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario J View Post
Dan for mod 2010!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 408_grow View Post
id vote dan for mod
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Proud Member of Team: TELETUBBY RACING
Suicide is NEVER the answer,
getting help is the answer.,1-800-273-TALK

godspeed Noodz

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cychu View Post
i am a new rider only for almost 4 weeks with an 08r6, and i asked this guy name Big Chuck whats the best way to position yourself when you corner, and he replied Throttle Control.

im still not pro at my shit yet, but damn i had no idea thats the first major step.

what does everyone else think?
As in its your first bike, and its an 08 R6? If so, id say your best way to learn to ride is to ride. Get some hours!

If its a new bike, an update, id go with body positioning. Throttle for sure to, be smooth. Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.... practice

YZF-R6 06 112.9hp
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 10:40 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefyter0143 View Post
+1000 The best way is proper body positioning and once leaned over give the bike a little gas to stabilize the bike in the corner don't coast through the corner.

Blue because it is faster.

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrefyter0143 View Post
Now we're talkin'
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-26-2008, 11:28 PM
kiwi rider

Bike: R6white 1 race 1 road

read twist of the wrist this explains throttle control in corners and how this effect suspension and tyre adhesion lernt a lot from this book and i have been riding for a few years

NZ rider
07 R6 white track
GPR damper v 1
yec ecu and loom
pcv with Autotune
full akrapovic race system
dna filter
Graves block offs
-1 front sprocket
Stomp Grip
Vortex clip on and rear sets
ohlins ttx rear shock
ohlins nix 25 on 08 fork tubes
08 triple tree

2010 R6 black road
gpr v4 damper
pcv
dna filter
GYTR slip on
mid pipe
puig screen
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Its Only a 600?

Bike: 2007 R6 (Blue)
Send a message via AIM to Bozzo06

target fixation and looking through the corner helped me alot when i first started riding.

CW Flush Mounts, CW Fender Eliminator, Puig Windscreen, GYTR Slip On, TapeWorks Rim Tape,6000K HID, PFW Mid Pipe, PCIII, 2007 AMA Decals, Pazzo Levers, Shogun Frame Sliders, C/A Int Tail Light, Seat Cowl.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Zombies may bite!!!!

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6

Long time ago in a galaxy far far away when I first learned how to ride what I did was, found the best riders in town, mostly a group who raod racers who raced south east CCS and buddied up with them. Asked them to take me out and teach me the ways of the force.

I let them know I was new and that I wanted to learn as much as I could as safly as I could. I asked them if I could go out with them on slower days where I could keep up. A lot of the time they were just happy to have another person to ride with.

I kept my mouth shut most of the time and just rode trying to keep up. Watching their lines and asking questions along the way at gas stations and food stops.

After a year of riding with them every weekend and some nights, I ended up taking a racing class at Roebling road in GA, racing that same weekend and not doing to bad for syself that weekend.

From then on I was hooked on racing and still think of those guys who took my under their wing and helped me out.

Just think if I didn't have the guts to ask them to take me along I mite not be riding to this day.

ccs#109
Robert

<Click> Blue03r6<----(thats my spell checker)

Ride it like the wifes at home with the kids

Mods: Fluxcapacitor, what else would I need?

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Will work for track time

Bike: An orange one

SEAT TIME is all you need.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in