Braking - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 09:40 AM Thread Starter
Do Work

Bike: 06 R6
Braking

Should I be braking before the turn and during the turn? If a few people could give me a play by play I guess of what you do during a turn. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 10:40 AM

Re: Braking

You shouldnt be braking while you are leaning the bike over in the turn, you should be braking to speed before the turn an then accelerating through it. If you have to brake make sure it is very lightly. Its always better to come into a turn a little slow than to come into it too hot an shoot it wide. Thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited by Aubie; 08-06-2008 at 10:43 AM.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Do Work

Thats what I though I was just making sure. Thanks

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:08 PM Thread Starter
Do Work

Also do you accelerate all the way through the turn or just when you are coming out of it? Thanks for the help

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 01:11 PM
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK !!!

Always try to get your braking done in a straight line, you can brake some what while leaning but the more you lean the less braking you will be able to do, also while in the turn you should keep the throttle steady and gentle apply more throttle as you exit the corner.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-06-2008, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Do Work

Ok thats what I do I was just making sure..Thanks you for the help

post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 03:43 AM
I eat my R6

what love R6's said is what I do... anchors hard in straight line, get body set up for corner, off brakes, smooth throttle, pile it on as i get past the apex, sit up again as i go WOT.

YZF-R6 06 112.9hp
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-15-2008, 10:06 PM
Custom User Title

Bike: Built 08 r6 race bike
Send a message via AIM to Daredevil

depends

braking before a corner, letting off, turning in, neutral throttle, then get on the gas is the newb way, and it upsets the suspension and chassis a bit. (this is NOT the ideal way to enter a turn)

Trail braking IS the ideal way to enter a turn. trail braking is a spectacular way to help settle the bike into the corner. i'm not going to get into it, but i suggest you purchase some reading on motorcycle riding techniques, such as twist of the wrist 1 and 2.

also completely depends on where you are doing the turning, canyon's or at the track? location also depends on body position. at the track my body is set up for the corner on the exit of the previous corner. i never have two cheeks on the seat except for the frotn straight away.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-16-2008, 10:38 AM
best used over 10,000rpm

Bike: 99 R6, 97 rrv fireblade

If you ask 5 different racers this question, you get (most likely) 5 different answers.
Next time your watching moto gp, just look at the different styles when entering a turn.

Reading the twist of the wrist books is a good idea, they go into alot of detail on the subject.

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: Blue 08 R6

It sounds like you haven't taken the MSF course which I strongly recommend. After that read the books and maybe even take the advanced MSF course. NEVER brake or down shift in a turn; it's all bad.

I like smilies
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in