what brake pads for the track? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:38 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 R6
what brake pads for the track?

i was just going to get the standerd EBC pads cuz i got those for my old bike and it made so much of a difference, i loved them. but then the parts guy at the dealer said EBC are shit. what you guys think? i know that part guys sometimes dont know shit. are EBC shit or is this dick faced parts guy shit?

ive also heard of some pads that need to be heated really good before you can use them really good. i think galfer makes them. well anyways give me the info. n by the way this bike is going to be for the track only, never gonna see the street.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 09:44 AM
iCrash

Bike: yes
Re: what brake pads for the track?

Vesrah RJL's
awesome pads
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 12:41 PM

Carbone Lorraine...SBK5's for street or C44's for the track

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 12:51 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6

gonna try out my new ferodo XRACs in a couple weeks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

whats the real differnce between a race pad and a street one? would a race pad be recommend for a sportbike school or only when your pushing the bike hard non-stop?
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 05:59 AM

different compounds. some of the race pads dont work well when they are cold or wet. and they wont last as long as a street pad because of the type of use and the compound wears faster in general. as for street pads at a school they should be fine if they are in good condition and u know how well the stop or dont stop, just dont ride beyond their limits
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM
iCrash

Bike: yes

race compounds also chew up rotors faster because they bite more than a standard pad.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-28-2008, 03:07 PM
Will Race for Food

I've tried everything out there and love the Performance Friction 05 compound pad. It is double thick and has a lot of bite which I like. I also like the 1003 Galfer kit pad but you are right you need to heat them up a bit before they work well but once warm they work VERY well. I sold my r6 and started racing an SV650 so all my old spares just went up on ebay. Here are two auctions for the pads I mentioned.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wera & CCS EX#79, Team Promotion Coach #79 AMA Moto-GT #12
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2009 Sponsors:
Team Pro-Motion, Speedwerks, CTR Suspensions, Turner Landscaping, Redline Motorsports, Vortex Racing, LP, Pirelli

They say you only live once, if you lived my life once is more then enough. - Frank Sinatra
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-29-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z-man View Post
I've tried everything out there and love the Performance Friction 05 compound pad. It is double thick and has a lot of bite which I like. I also like the 1003 Galfer kit pad but you are right you need to heat them up a bit before they work well but once warm they work VERY well. I sold my r6 and started racing an SV650 so all my old spares just went up on ebay. Here are two auctions for the pads I mentioned.

so both of those pads need to be warmed up? im just worried because i plan on taking 1 or 2 classes a year and i dont think ill b able to warm up my brakes before they have me do some kind of turn they make you do in a class. (know what i mean) so maybe i should stick with oem pads in the class but when im doing track days put in the race pads? also does the race pads work good for track days or do you really got to ride them super super hard to work good?
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-30-2008, 04:08 AM

these dont require warming

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in