Track/Race Schools - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
my new habit

Bike: 08 Liquid Silver
Track/Race Schools

alright i dont know if this has been discussed but i figured it would have been stickied if it had...what is everyone's opinions of track/racing schools? if you have attended one which one and what was your opinions? i am thinking of attending superbike school at the las vegas motor speedway...they use kawasakis for their bikes and i'm thinking of the 2 day camp...alright let the dialogue commence
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-05-2008, 09:09 PM

Re: Track/Race Schools

are you talking about the keith code school?
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
my new habit

Bike: 08 Liquid Silver

ya i am

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:00 PM

its a sweet school...wait till the mid ohio one next year and we can ride down together...lol
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:07 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6

I am a Cornerspeed grad. I took Aaron Stevenson's school out of VIR. You should look around and see what schools are available. May not need to go all the way to Vegas.

Not that you can go wrong with Keith Code. I haven't taken his school, but I have met him and converse with he and his son on the R1-Forum. Excellent training, and it's very interesting to see much of what he discusses and teaches being instituted in other instructors school material.

If you are going to do track days, you must hit a road race school. Your time on the track will be worth so much more.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:10 PM

cornerspeed was another school i was intersted in. i def wanna hit the cornerspin school
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyc View Post
cornerspeed was another school i was intersted in. i def wanna hit the cornerspin school
Lvl I was a blast, and I talk to Aaron regularly about Cornerspin. I will probably race my R6 a couple of CCS events next year, and then take Cornerspin and Lvl II. Then hopefully race a full season.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:27 PM
My R6 eats me.

Cornerspeed is the one that I want to do. I agree with Dan on the track day comment. I lived fairly close to VIR and went almost every track day NESBA had for a year and could have benefited from a class early on.

Has anybody actually done cornerspeed and can offer any thoughts/experience?
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:29 PM

thts sweet man. im in the process of building a track bike. i wanna do track days for a couple more years and take a school or 2 the give wera a shot
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 10-07-2008, 08:36 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyphercodes View Post
Cornerspeed is the one that I want to do. I agree with Dan on the track day comment. I lived fairly close to VIR and went almost every track day NESBA had for a year and could have benefited from a class early on.

Has anybody actually done cornerspeed and can offer any thoughts/experience?
What did you want to know about Cornerspeed? I said I was a graduate of Lvl I.

It's an awesome school. Your day will start at tech, and from their you will put your bike at the classroom (no pits). You will have about 30 minutes of classroom time, and then take to the track to practice the excercises and drills. After that you will debrief with the control riders. The sessions include a no brakes drill, a one on one session later in the day, and a mock race. The mock race is optional. They have to teach the start of a race in order to be accredited. You still graduate if you do not run the mock race, but if you chose to run it and crash, you will not get a diploma.

A very awesome school with an almost overwhelming amount of control rider presence. And I mean that in the most positive way. I overcooked the entry to a corner in the no brakes drill and had to brake hard as heck to save it. Because of that my control rider and other student (most sessions were 2/3:1 student:control rider) blew off without me. I didn't make it two turns on the track before another CR zipped in front of me and tapped his tail section to tell me to follow him.

Aaron has a top notch staff, and they race the tracks they teach at regularly, so it's an overall great experience. I would recommend them to anyone looking into road racing.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in