leather brand suggestion - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

leather brand suggestion

I am wanting to get some leathers here by the end of the year. Anyways, I'm 6'0 and 155 soaking wet. I have a 39-40in shoulders and a 30in waist with a few small muscles. What company supplies the best leathers to fit my lanky / skinny body. I have been eyeballing the teknic ones but it seems that I would have alot of extra room in the midsection based on their sizing... could a shop do some alterations??

suggestions please.. thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Track Day Junkie

Bike: 08 R6
Re: leather brand suggestion

You might be able to squeeze into the ones I have for sale. Might. They are Alpinestars size 38us/48euro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

I bought a set of Shift 1 Piece leathers on clearance for $216 BRAND NEW at Road Rider in San Jose. They did not have puck provisions so I got the tecknic velcro repair kit for $10 and bought some A*s pucks my buddy gave me. Getting the suit altered here in sacramento for the puck velcros cost me $40. I was in brand new, perforated, pucked shift leathers for less than $300 new. Shops can easily do alterations, cost dependent on the amount of work needed. I think that Road Rider may be near its clearance time again...

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:45 PM

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Dainese

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:49 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Maxxx, not everyone is made of cash buddy.... hey, I pmed you earlier with a couple of ?s... hoping for some input.
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Hey Guy

Bike: Stolen

It totally depends on what fits your body the best. Id say go to a shop and try on different suits until you find one that fits you.
Ive found that A*'s fits me the best. I am 5"10 165lbs. Short torso, long legs and arms.

[B]

post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 02:54 PM
Lets ride.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxxxEdge View Post
Dainese

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It would be best to find a motorcycle shop that carries leathers and try some on to get a feel for the sizing, and then ask them if there are any good alteration stores around your area that do GOOD work on leather. I have seen some really spotty leather work before.

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM

Bike: Pasta & Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Maxxx, not everyone is made of cash buddy.... hey, I pmed you earlier with a couple of ?s... hoping for some input.
I worked three jobs when I got my first Dainese suit, and waited for closeout pricing. Even then, I had to save up a little bit longer and give up pizza and beer during that time. Never regretted it though...

PM replied.

"Always be yourself... unless you suck." -- Joss Whedon

"Anal is just like riding a bicycle... Except without the seat." -Mark Spiegler

If you don't hang your balls out there and just do it, you'll never know what might have happened... -- Valentino Rossi

Unlike one made of concrete, the wall of adversity will eventually fall when we exert enough pressure. -- Max Edge

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -- James Dean

sig courtesy of the mega-talented dboyslade

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-29-2008, 03:26 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Give up pizza and beer... thats ...thats...rough man.... Dont let the king of beers hear you talking that way.

Got the pm, thanks bro. Talk to you 2morrrow...time to go home and beat my dog for eating my pumpkin's face off. Pictures tomorrow.

And no, I dont really beat my dog.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 05:18 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Pizza and beer! ... over my dead body.. I'll just switch to Keystones
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yeah I got a A* jacket that is spot on... Time to take a trip to ATL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in