Got the gear, now what. - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Has Gold & A Pager

Bike: 2004 R6
Got the gear, now what.

Hey what's up guys! I finally got my zip in pants today so I've completed my gear thus far, I'd like to get a 1pc later on down the road but for now this will get me on the track. So my question to you guys is, what else should I prepare for/practice at the track. I'm going to try and make it to the Cressen track day on the 9th here in Texas and I'm pretty fortunate to be going with one of the instructors so hopefully I'll have plenty of help/pointers thrown my way. The track doesn't require any safetywire or anything bike wise that I'm aware of but should I do a oil change before/after a day at the track or anything else safety wise? Thanks!

Heres a crappy pic of the gear (I also have the A/S SMX-Plus boots)

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[Velocity Stacks][Ignition adv.][520conversion][Full Yoshi System][PCIII]
[ASV's][K&N][Vortex Rearsets]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 06:30 PM
iCrash

Bike: yes
Re: Got the gear, now what.

if the oil is fresh, dont worry about it. maybe change after.

as for what to do at the track..... whatever the instructor/control riders tell you.
leave your ego at home, look ahead of you, and work on being smooth and consistent, not fast.

most of all, HAVE FUN.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-30-2008, 08:55 PM Thread Starter
Has Gold & A Pager

Bike: 2004 R6

Awesome, sounds like fun< the oil has like 1000miles on it so it's pretty fresh, I'll probably do oil and filter after the track. I don't really have a ego when it comes to riding haha I know I don't know nearly as much as a lot of people and I defiantly am willing to listen and learn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[Velocity Stacks][Ignition adv.][520conversion][Full Yoshi System][PCIII]
[ASV's][K&N][Vortex Rearsets]

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-31-2008, 08:32 AM
Until the day comes

Bike: 99 R6

If you got boots, full suit (1 pc or 2pc), guantlet gloves, dot/snell approved helmet you are good to go. Got pucks for the pants? Also i would recomend getting a back protector.

You will need a rear stand in case you have to adjust your chain tension. Check the rules of the org, nesba requires you to remove your mirrors, tape off any lights and reflectors, remove passenger pegs unless used for a mount for your canister.

If you have less then 1000 miles on the oil, change it after. I change mine every 2 track days. Also make sure you got good tread on the tires, and your brakes work well and have plenty of pad. Make sure your throttle is smooth and returns to the closed position and doesn't stick.

Make sure the brake fluid is in good condition and clear

Go with an open mind to learn and have fun, there will be people quicker then you, and some slower. If you need help ask they are there to help, also ask other racers questions if you have any. Most of the time they are happy to help you out with your line or question about what gear they are in at what corner.

biggest thing

BE SMOOTH - with the gas and brakes, roll on and off the throttle don't just grab a fist full, same with the brakes be smooth on and off.

NESBA & STT #383
WERA Novice #383

Last edited by 03SilvR6; 10-31-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in