NEW need upgrade help...Experienced Riders Plz - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM Thread Starter
Do what it do baby

Bike: White 2009 R6
NEW need upgrade help...Experienced Riders Plz

Hi im new to this forum i recently just got a bike and im trying to figure out what kind of modifcations should i get done.If anyone can help me out with that i would be more then grateful. Price is really not an option i just need to know what to get because bikes are way different then car
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...I have a white 09 R6 with a gtyr slip-on and thats is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:14 PM
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: NEW need upgrade help...Experienced Riders Plz

u want performance upgrades or cosmetic??? there's tonsuv both

fender elminator first, then the list cud go on and on...

lotsuv users have their mods in their sigs... check it out.

Def post pics of ur bike.

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
mailbox killin' werewolf

Bike: 06 ZX636

flushmount turn signals
fender eliminator
midpipe
new air filter

just some ideas......

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:31 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6

just call up woodcraft and say "i'll take everything".

but seriously, what are u looking for? speed in a strait line? cosmetics? control and handling?

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:35 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

standard:
fender eliminator
flush mount turn signals
slider kit
tank pad

less standard:
exhaust (mid-pipe, MJS header or 03-05 header, or full exhaust)
air filter
pc3
double bubble windscreen
HID lights

less less standard:
520 conversion, -1/+2
levers
s.s. brake lines
new rotors
custom tune
etc...

i'm sure this list is missing TONS, but just jump head first into this world, and you'll learn to swim
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:46 PM
08 Yamaha R6

Bike: 08 Yamaha R6

Sliders if it is your first bike for sure then fender eliminator, steering damper, then if you are looking for performance ditch the slip-on get a full system, PCII, High flow filter, 520 sprocket conversion. And if money is not an issue maybe some nice light weight rims, and some better rubber than those stock tires. Then most do flush mount front signals, and a Clear Alternatives intergated rear tail light, seat cowl, spools, windscreen.

Mods:

Full Leo Exhaust, PC III, Graves Smog Block Offs, GYT-R High Flow Filter, Barnett Race Clutch, Vortex Sprocket Conversion, DID Racing Chain, GPR Steering Damper, Smoked Galfer Brake Lines, Samco Coolant Hoses, Carrozzeria Rims, Pazzo Levers, Moto-R Engine Covers, Acumen Gear Indicator, Bohemian Racing Rear Set, Speedo Healer, Graves Frame Sliders, Moto-R Spools, Knight Rider/Solid Third Eye, Gorilla 7017 Alarm, Graves Bar Ends, CRG Hindsight LS Barend Mirror, Spider Grips, Pro Bolts Fairing Bolt Kit, Lightech Engine Bolt Kit, Solo Cowl, GYT-R Black Axle Adjusters, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Graves ExUP Removal, Puig DB Screen, Cox's Radiator Cover, Fender Eliminator, CA Tail Light, Lawstcaws Frame Plugs, Passenger Peg Covers, Stomp Grip Pads, Black Kickstand, Harris Gold Gas Cap, Carbon Tank Pad, Lightech Gold Oil Cap, Light N'Boltz, Puig Toe Guard, Race Rotors, Lamin-X Headlight Covers, Traxxion Tank Sliders, R&G Exhaust Slider, Rizoma Front and Rear Axle Sliders, PlanetSuperBikes Number Plates, Vortex Mirror Block Offs
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 12:48 PM
$4 a gal. 4 gal. a shot

Bike: 2006 R6

PCIII, stainless brake lines, fender eliminator, different front signals (I like the visability of non-flushmounts myself). If you don't go for the 520 conversion at least go -1 on the front, and in doing that I really like the speedo healer.

2006 R6, 2001 FZ1
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Hey Guy

Bike: Stolen

Gear, gear, gear. I would spend the money on full leathers before i got too dookie with the bike.
Just my .02

[B]

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 01:49 PM
I eat my R6

gear up. and bar ends, spools, sliders, body armor.
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2008, 08:55 AM Thread Starter
Do what it do baby

Bike: White 2009 R6

WoW that you guys soooo much for your input. ill put up a pic of the pic right now and im looking for more performance then cosmetic. but of course cosmetic because i have to look good right
. I was going to get the fender elimator and the sliders because everyone told me about those and i was going to get a power commander??!! idk.i was going to see if i could also go 200 in the rear but the dude at my dealership said it wouldnt be good because it would hurt im turning so i wouldnt want to do that?! what do you guys think?and some of you guys said gears, well what kind of gears?And full system, which are the best kind?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in