Which rearsets??? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 11:41 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Which rearsets???

Which brand rearsets has the highest adjustability in terms of vertical adjustment for 06 r6.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 12:55 PM
08 Yamaha R6

Bike: 08 Yamaha R6
Re: Which rearsets???

Probably from the looks of it possible the vortex... I have had two sets of the bohemian racing rearsets, and the price on them is a lot easier on your wallet. The have alot of ajustment to them as well..

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Pic of the new set that I have $260

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The old set $210

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:

Full Leo Exhaust, PC III, Graves Smog Block Offs, GYT-R High Flow Filter, Barnett Race Clutch, Vortex Sprocket Conversion, DID Racing Chain, GPR Steering Damper, Smoked Galfer Brake Lines, Samco Coolant Hoses, Carrozzeria Rims, Pazzo Levers, Moto-R Engine Covers, Acumen Gear Indicator, Bohemian Racing Rear Set, Speedo Healer, Graves Frame Sliders, Moto-R Spools, Knight Rider/Solid Third Eye, Gorilla 7017 Alarm, Graves Bar Ends, CRG Hindsight LS Barend Mirror, Spider Grips, Pro Bolts Fairing Bolt Kit, Lightech Engine Bolt Kit, Solo Cowl, GYT-R Black Axle Adjusters, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Graves ExUP Removal, Puig DB Screen, Cox's Radiator Cover, Fender Eliminator, CA Tail Light, Lawstcaws Frame Plugs, Passenger Peg Covers, Stomp Grip Pads, Black Kickstand, Harris Gold Gas Cap, Carbon Tank Pad, Lightech Gold Oil Cap, Light N'Boltz, Puig Toe Guard, Race Rotors, Lamin-X Headlight Covers, Traxxion Tank Sliders, R&G Exhaust Slider, Rizoma Front and Rear Axle Sliders, PlanetSuperBikes Number Plates, Vortex Mirror Block Offs
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 01:10 PM
Lifetime Premium

Bike: '06 R6 50th

I have the vortex rear sets and they do adjust quite a bit. And when your wear out the pegs you can buy new ones for $20. But if youre going for look I would do gilles, those things are sexy.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 04:05 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: OHLINS_MASTER_DEALER

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHOWHALL View Post
I have the vortex rear sets and they do adjust quite a bit. And when your wear out the pegs you can buy new ones for $20. But if youre going for look I would do gilles, those things are sexy.

We sell a TON of Vortex. Great Quality, fit, finish, and MADE IN THE U.S.A.

So, replacement parts are easy to get, if you need to.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-23-2009, 05:47 PM
08 Yamaha R6

If anyone is thinking about buying the bohemian racing rearsets I can tell you first hand that replacement parts are around the same as the vortex, and they are easy to get. Forum member daredevil had me just e-mail dennis at bohemian and I had replacement parts that week.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:

Full Leo Exhaust, PC III, Graves Smog Block Offs, GYT-R High Flow Filter, Barnett Race Clutch, Vortex Sprocket Conversion, DID Racing Chain, GPR Steering Damper, Smoked Galfer Brake Lines, Samco Coolant Hoses, Carrozzeria Rims, Pazzo Levers, Moto-R Engine Covers, Acumen Gear Indicator, Bohemian Racing Rear Set, Speedo Healer, Graves Frame Sliders, Moto-R Spools, Knight Rider/Solid Third Eye, Gorilla 7017 Alarm, Graves Bar Ends, CRG Hindsight LS Barend Mirror, Spider Grips, Pro Bolts Fairing Bolt Kit, Lightech Engine Bolt Kit, Solo Cowl, GYT-R Black Axle Adjusters, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Graves ExUP Removal, Puig DB Screen, Cox's Radiator Cover, Fender Eliminator, CA Tail Light, Lawstcaws Frame Plugs, Passenger Peg Covers, Stomp Grip Pads, Black Kickstand, Harris Gold Gas Cap, Carbon Tank Pad, Lightech Gold Oil Cap, Light N'Boltz, Puig Toe Guard, Race Rotors, Lamin-X Headlight Covers, Traxxion Tank Sliders, R&G Exhaust Slider, Rizoma Front and Rear Axle Sliders, PlanetSuperBikes Number Plates, Vortex Mirror Block Offs
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:11 AM
I ♥ Yamaha

Bike: '08 Team Yamaha R6

Longbrake, those rearsets look awesome. Do they come in other colors besides gold though? I'm looking for black, or possibly same color as stock.

Mods:
Termignoni Slip-on

Graves Motorsports fender elim. / flushmounts
CustomLED integrated Tail light
Puig Z-racing windscreen
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 10:18 AM
I eat my R6

anyone ever try any of these generic rearsets?

I'm nervous about generic brands but i like the colored look of the aftermarket rearsets

2007 Blue R6
CA Integrated Rear Turn Signals
Barely Legal FE Kit with License plate light
05 Header Mod
Blue wheel Stripes
Puig DB Black
T-Rex Frame Sliders
Shogun Swingarm spools
Hotbodies Smoked Front Flushies
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 12:25 PM
08 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by g4me View Post
Longbrake, those rearsets look awesome. Do they come in other colors besides gold though? I'm looking for black, or possibly same color as stock.
Just go to there website, and send them an e-mail with what you are looking for and they will get back with you. I think that they do red, blue, black, and gold.

Mods:

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:11 PM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamablueR6 View Post
anyone ever try any of these generic rearsets?

I'm nervous about generic brands but i like the colored look of the aftermarket rearsets
I would stick to the brand name stuff. As some of the cheaper no name brands might use lower quality materials which might break under normal usage.

Stick with these brands:
Sato
Gilles
Vortex
wood craft

Blue because it is faster.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 01-24-2009, 09:18 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2006 R6 50th anniversary

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
I would stick to the brand name stuff. As some of the cheaper no name brands might use lower quality materials which might break under normal usage.

Stick with these brands:
Sato
Gilles
Vortex
wood craft

dont cut corners on the things that keep your ass off the ground
Straight Success likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in