crash knobs on tracks - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2009, 02:06 AM Thread Starter

crash knobs on tracks

hey guys newy here
i have just got a 06 track bike and was wondering what you guys reckon about crash knobs on tracks, i have heard alot of mixed thought, what do you guys think
thansks joel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:10 AM

Re: crash knobs on tracks

forgive my newbness but what are crash knobs? do you mean frame sliders?
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:54 AM
08 Yamaha R6

Bike: 08 Yamaha R6

My bike is not just a track bike so mine stay on, but alot say to take them off so that if you do go down at least the bike should come out of it with out a cracked frame. Personally if I had a pure track bike I would probably still run some on it, but probably a set of woodcraft that don't stick out as far.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Mods:

Full Leo Exhaust, PC III, Graves Smog Block Offs, GYT-R High Flow Filter, Barnett Race Clutch, Vortex Sprocket Conversion, DID Racing Chain, GPR Steering Damper, Smoked Galfer Brake Lines, Samco Coolant Hoses, Carrozzeria Rims, Pazzo Levers, Moto-R Engine Covers, Acumen Gear Indicator, Bohemian Racing Rear Set, Speedo Healer, Graves Frame Sliders, Moto-R Spools, Knight Rider/Solid Third Eye, Gorilla 7017 Alarm, Graves Bar Ends, CRG Hindsight LS Barend Mirror, Spider Grips, Pro Bolts Fairing Bolt Kit, Lightech Engine Bolt Kit, Solo Cowl, GYT-R Black Axle Adjusters, Hotbodies Flush Mounts, Graves ExUP Removal, Puig DB Screen, Cox's Radiator Cover, Fender Eliminator, CA Tail Light, Lawstcaws Frame Plugs, Passenger Peg Covers, Stomp Grip Pads, Black Kickstand, Harris Gold Gas Cap, Carbon Tank Pad, Lightech Gold Oil Cap, Light N'Boltz, Puig Toe Guard, Race Rotors, Lamin-X Headlight Covers, Traxxion Tank Sliders, R&G Exhaust Slider, Rizoma Front and Rear Axle Sliders, PlanetSuperBikes Number Plates, Vortex Mirror Block Offs

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:59 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: 2005 R-6

My bike wears her frame sliders on and off the track. If it were a pure track bike and I was palnning to race it seriously I would cut the sliders to save weight.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 11:08 AM
B4B

Bike: my bitch

everyone tells me not run them for the fact of them catching and flipping the bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP Jason

R.I.P David

R.I.P Josh
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Lifetime Premium

I'm beginning to wonder myself, when I crashed at Putnam I had woodcraft sliders, nice easy low side, but it somehow managed to get it self upside down before it came to a stop, all I know is these gas tanks are expensive!.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
Dragging Knee

Bike: Blue 2006 R6
Send a message via AIM to mojo

Sliders on the track are often times up for debate. But the reason it is not such a big deal on race bikes is they have the aftermarket engine cases which are stronger than stock and sometimes have small sliders on them, Tank sliders, and aftermarket rear sets that don't fold which act a lot like sliders anyways.

Also sliders only work well when your sliding on the racing surface and not in the grass. This being said it really depends on how and where your crash happens as to whether or not they actually help you out and racers don't want to risk something that might work that could actually damage your frame if you crash on a bike that is not insured.

Blue because it is faster.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-07-2009, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

thanks for the replys guys,, looks like i might be taking them off, i have a set of gytr knobs and they stick out way to far cheers!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in