Exhaust plug necessary after removing XUP? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:34 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: '01 & '07 R6
Question Exhaust plug necessary after removing XUP?

Okay, I'm in over my head.

I recently crashed my 07 R6 street bike (at the track) and decided to make it a track only bike. Got rid of a lot of unecessary weight, and getting ready to install the Akrapovic full race exhaust but I now get an error which appears to have to do with the XUP or sensor being removed. I did remove the smog canister stuff.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Is there a way to overide this error? Someone suggested an exhaust plug of some sort but I have no idea what or where you get one of these and where it goes? Can anyone enlighten me?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-27-2009, 11:02 PM
Make noise.

Bike: The kind with pedals...
Re: Exhaust plug necessary after removing XUP?

If you unplugged the EXUP motor, it will throw a code. Akrapovic provides instructions on how to remove the cables while keeping the motor plugged in to keep it from throwing a code.

RESPECT Jason Jones
2/23/87 - 11/4/11

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Drawing by me, sig by GIJoe007.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 06:53 PM
Will Race for Food

Re: Exhaust plug necessary after removing XUP?

You didn't mention what error code you are having, kind of hard to diagnois without it. But more than likely you removed the servo that works the Exup. As far as i know your choices are to hook it back up and remove the cables, or live with the light.

Wera & CCS EX#79, Team Promotion Coach #79 AMA Moto-GT #12
2006 Yamaha YZF-R6

2009 Sponsors:
Team Pro-Motion, Speedwerks, CTR Suspensions, Turner Landscaping, Redline Motorsports, Vortex Racing, LP, Pirelli

They say you only live once, if you lived my life once is more then enough. - Frank Sinatra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in