Trade black wheels for Gold - N. GA - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 02:39 PM Thread Starter
El Speedy Gozales

Bike: 14 R6
Trade black wheels for Gold - N. GA

Looking to change things up a bit.

I have a 2014 white with less than 1000mi.

Looking to see if anyone has some low mileage gold wheels in excellent shape that they are willing to trade. My wheels are black with the white stripe around the rim.

Wheels only, no rotors.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 03:18 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 R6
Re: Trade black wheels for Gold - N. GA

Honestly, if I were you, I would just powder coat the ones you have. It's what I did on my '08 and only cost me $165.

If you do decide to powder coat them LEAVE THE NEEDLE BEARING IN THE REAR WHEEL. The needle bearing will make it through powder coat and then all you have to do is grease it.

All you will need to do is pull the other bearings and depending on your call, replace them or reuse them. I replaced all of mine because I had them on hand already, but if you can pull them with out putting too much stress on the races, you can reuse them...but that's your call. I know guys say not to but...
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-06-2015, 05:02 AM
IDGAF

Bike: 2014 R6

I've got a 2014 with ~3200 miles (Matte Grey w/Gold Rims). They are not the '09 Raven Gold, so some people don't like them. I'm in Ft Worth, TX. Let me know if interested.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 10-07-2015, 05:10 AM Thread Starter
El Speedy Gozales

Bike: 14 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ControlledChaos View Post
Honestly, if I were you, I would just powder coat the ones you have. It's what I did on my '08 and only cost me $165.

If you do decide to powder coat them LEAVE THE NEEDLE BEARING IN THE REAR WHEEL. The needle bearing will make it through powder coat and then all you have to do is grease it.

All you will need to do is pull the other bearings and depending on your call, replace them or reuse them. I replaced all of mine because I had them on hand already, but if you can pull them with out putting too much stress on the races, you can reuse them...but that's your call. I know guys say not to but...
If I did that I would just replace all bearings!! I hate the needle bearing!! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrected1 View Post
I've got a 2014 with ~3200 miles (Matte Grey w/Gold Rims). They are not the '09 Raven Gold, so some people don't like them. I'm in Ft Worth, TX. Let me know if interested.
PM sent.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-25-2017, 11:46 AM
Track Queen

Bike: 2007 R6, 2014 R1

[QUOTE=ControlledChaos;5270337]Honestly, if I were you, I would just powder coat the ones you have. It's what I did on my '08 and only cost me $165.

any recommendations for powercoating here in GA?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in