Trip to the Dragon - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-28-2017, 08:36 PM Thread Starter
mzt
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Trip to the Dragon

I plan on taking my bike down to the dragon from Chicago. I was wondering if anyone had advice/tips for the dragon. Spots to check out the views, best food, best place the stay and so on. All information is greatly appreciated as this is the first time I will be going there. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 02:22 AM
My R6 eats me.

Re: Trip to the Dragon

I have been multiple times, best advice I can give is to leave your ego at home and ride within your limits.
Fantastic roads down there, enjoy!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 04:04 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Ive stayed in Townsend and Alcoa. Alcoa was further away but was more of a city. Pigeon Forge was not far from Townsend... and the road was fun.

Id watch my 6 & 12 on the Foothills... thats a federal road. Do your riding on the weekdays if possible... the weekends are a zoo.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-29-2017, 06:23 PM
My R6 eats me.

I haven't actually ridden on the dragon much, but I'm a local. Can't give much advice on places to eat, but as far as places to stay, Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg will give you a bit more options and I personally prefer it over Alcoa, Townsend is cool if you like rural. Also not sure how long of a ride you'd be doing, but blue ridge parkway isn't too far, might consider riding some of it while you were in the area, it's a cool road and has quite a bit to offer as far as overlooks.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 01:42 AM
My R6 eats me.

The dragon is Beautiful, its very biker friendly but if you feel squirrely and want to ride a couple hours further there is a place Called 2 wheels of Suches in North Georgia and it is AMAZING!!!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2017, 04:00 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

I've always stayed in robbinsville. they have a few places to eat, a microtel and a few small local hotels. Robbinsville is down 129 a bunch of miles. almost at the foot of the cherahola. and there is an awesome bike shop down there called wheelers. he can fix your shyt or put new tires on, what a dyno test? he has one too. dude has almost everything you could need to fix a modern sportbike. got my buddy's crashed R6 back up and running with a new case cover he had in stock.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

theres also fontana village hotel which is pretty nice but pricey.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by yamahacrazy; 10-26-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in