NW Tuner - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-18-2004, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
ECM

NW Tuner

About a month ago I got my Yoshi S/O and Factory Jet Kit. I had it installed at a local dealership. As I was riding home I immediately noticed that the bike now surged at constant throttle, was slow responding to throttle changes, and was down on power. Not what I expected from the mods that were just done. I asked the dealership what the issue was and they said that it was normal. Sure.

Yesterday I took my bike to a guy out in Hillsboro who is an up and coming custom bike builder / Tuner. He has a shop out by the Hillsboro airport. He totally took my bike apart, which made me kind of nervous. Took the carbs apart, did a bunch of adjustments, checked the plugs. He said they showed signs that the bike was running a bit lean. New plugs as of last service. After some adjustments he put the carbs back together and synched them. He said they were way off. Supposedly the Dealership synched them when putting in the jet kit. He then put the bike back together and took it for a ride. When he came back he made some more adjustments and then buttoned it back up. This bike is now totally amazing. It has power it never had before and the throttle response is quick and smooth as ice. What a difference this guy made in my bike.

As I said this guy is also a custom bike builder. His shop is full of all sorts of tools. He has all Snap-On tools, custom metal working tools, Tig and Mig Welders... He even has this hot little Mini Chop bike he is building from scratch. Imagine a totally tricked out Chopper on 3/4 scale. Pretty cool looking.

For all of those in the Portland Metro Area, or even further than that, I totally recommend this guy. He knows his stuff. I will never take my bike to the dealership again for work.

One nice touch he did was adjusted my Ergo's for me. Had me sit on the bike and adjusted all controlls to work best for me. Nice touch.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-27-2004, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
ECM

I never did post the contact info. So here it is.

Michael @ MG Metalworks, LLC
Hillsboro, OR

As I said, he did a great job. Bike still running stronger than it ever has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in