Washington rider question????? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 03-27-2011, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 09 R6
Washington rider question?????

This is for anyone thy knows Washington law.... Can you ride without mirror and still be legal? I see some people doing it an have wanted to take mine off but not sure if I would get a ticket for that.
Thanks

09 R6
Hotbodies Flush
Fender Eliminator
Puig Screen
D3 white grips
Painted hugger

More to come.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I eat my R6

Re: Washington rider question?????

You MUST have mirrors for it to be legal. Don't think the cops really care enough to stop you for not having them though. I did it once (just to see how it looked and felt) and I've got to say it was a pretty sketchy ride (especially with a passenger). We've got some idiot drivers back home.

Anyways heres proof.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1) It is unlawful:

(a) For any person to operate a motorcycle or motor-driven cycle not equipped with mirrors on the left and right sides of the motorcycle which shall be so located as to give the driver a complete view of the highway for a distance of at least two hundred feet to the rear of the motorcycle or motor-driven cycle: PROVIDED, That mirrors shall not be required on any motorcycle or motor-driven cycle over twenty-five years old originally manufactured without mirrors and which has been restored to its original condition and which is being ridden to or from or otherwise in conjunction with an antique or classic motorcycle contest, show, or other such assemblage: PROVIDED FURTHER, That no mirror is required on any motorcycle manufactured prior to January 1, 1931;
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in