Bay area suspension shops - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-10-2012, 08:54 PM Thread Starter
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6
Re: Bay area suspension shops

It took a few tweaks at my last TD to get it to where it is now. When I started the day, it felt so bad that I bumped down from intermediate to beginner group. Then worked with the trackside vendor for couple sessions getting it to where it is now. Too bad, I sat out all afternoon after the sun got to me. 105 degree heat in TX was draining
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What I'm trying to say is I understand its not a click and fix it deal. As long as I can figure out what is wrong with either the suspension or my riding, that will serve the purpose. Like I said before, I do not think I'm out riding the suspension by any means. It might not be the right springs or a few tweaks here and there till I get it to somewhat like it.

I do realize the importance of a well setup suspension, hence my getting rid of the Graves full system to fund the suspension work needed.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for all the pointers

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 09:54 AM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: R6 50th

how much do you weigh? The R6 I just picked up has the full suspension set up by Dave Moss Revalve and Resprung for a 200lb rider. I only weigh 155 so its a little too stiff for me. I have the receipt from the previous owner where he paid $1160 for the work.

2006 R6 50th Anniversary Edition
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-17-2012, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
AFM #327

Bike: 16 R3, 17R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracer View Post
how much do you weigh? The R6 I just picked up has the full suspension set up by Dave Moss Revalve and Resprung for a 200lb rider. I only weigh 155 so its a little too stiff for me. I have the receipt from the previous owner where he paid $1160 for the work.
I'm in between, lol. I weight ~170. The 06 forks would be different than a 08 anyway. Can u let me know what work was done to it?

AFM #327
2019 Sponsors:

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 08:32 AM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: R6 50th

The entire suspension was redone, Fork and rear springs, Fork Revalve, shock piston, GP pistons comp/reb. new oil etc....

2006 R6 50th Anniversary Edition
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in