San Diego tire mount and balance shop? - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By BassAckwards

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 12:41 PM Thread Starter
LATER!

Bike: 2012 TYB R6
San Diego tire mount and balance shop?

Looking for a place to at the least balance my wheels. Any autoshop can mount the tires but their balancing machine won't work with motorcycle wheels.

Anyone in San Diego balance for a reasonable fee? Wheels will be off the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-21-2016, 09:38 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Buy a pit posse wheel truing stand and you can balance it yourself. All you need is something the wheel can spin freely on and a level surface.

Give the wheel a good spin to ensure it is spinning freely. Stop it, then give it a gentle spin and let it come to a complete stop on its own. The bottom of the assembly (wheel w/ mounted tire) is the heavy spot. Use some masking tape to hold a wheel weight at the very top of the wheel, opposite the heavy side. Give it another gentle spin and see if it stops in the same place. If it stops in the same place add a little more weight. Once the wheel no longer stops in the same place and will rest no matter what position you leave it in you have successfully balanced the assembly. Now you can hard mount your weights either tape or clip on weight.

I bought the truing stand when I was lacing some wheels for my dirt bikes and then was able to use it to balance my street bike tires. A static balance isn't something you need a computerized balancer for. Gravity will take care of it for you!

Hope that helps!
KECHUPS likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in