OH, IN, MI, PA Track thread - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 11:08 AM Thread Starter
I hate you Turn 4!

Bike: 09 Orca
OH, IN, MI, PA Track thread

I know there is one for the Northeast so here is on for us.

I figured this would be a great way for us Ohio, Michigan, Indiana and Western Pennsylvania riders to: talk about the tracks, meet up, and help each other if you’re new to the track. So whether you’re a expert racer or 1st time track rider this could be a good meeting point to get ideas of who is going and meet up. I’m hopeful to hit most of these tracks this year.

Trackday Originations:
Motoseries.com --- Runs tracks #1 - 4
Sportbiketracktime.com --- Runs tracks #1 - 2 & 5
Tracktactics.org --- Runs tracks # 3 & 4
NESBA.com --- Runs tracks #3
Mid-Ohio runs their own program

Tracks:
1-Putnam –
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2-Grattan -
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

3- Beaver Run –

4- Nelson’s Ledges -
5-Gingerman -

6-Mid-Ohio -

by
, on Flickr

Like I said above the goal this year is to hit most of the tracks. The ones I'm hoping for are tracks # 1-4 & 5

Join the XBL Races on MotoGp 14 here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Join the XBL Races on SBKX here

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chat thread here

600 Superbike Series Novice # 277

Last edited by aaronk277; 02-12-2012 at 09:50 AM. Reason: updated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 05:52 PM
Lifetime Premium

Re: OH, IN, MI, PA Track thread

This is a great idea man. I am going to hit up mid-ohio for sure and some others. I haven't quite sat down yet and figured out my exact plans.

I am definitely looking to meet up with others this summer from the forum.

Once it gets closer I will post the dates of where I will be at.
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:11 PM
I love track

Bike: 05 R6
Send a message via AIM to ryanp77

Great idea I just moved to Indy after 3 years in Texas and I am looking to do some track days up here and meet some new people I am in for a lot of track days this year lets get it on

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:19 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: '08 R6

nesba runs beaverun a lot too

post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:26 PM
FedEx Man

I'm in NY hope you don't mind me dropping in. I plan on hitting up Beaverun and Mid Ohio this summer hopefully definitely one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Around here you gotta be like a midget at a urinal, always on your fcukin toes
"Never trust a man in a wheel chair with dirty shoes."

post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Track Mode!

Bike: 2007 R6
Hey guys

I'm here from Erie and plan on going to the track for the first time this spring! BeavRun and Mid-Ohio are for sure on the list. I also want to make it down to Summit Point in West Virginia. Glad we have a thread now!
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: '08 liquid silver r6

post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-12-2012, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
I hate you Turn 4!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgossel View Post
This is a great idea man. I am going to hit up mid-ohio for sure and some others. I haven't quite sat down yet and figured out my exact plans.

I am definitely looking to meet up with others this summer from the forum.

Once it gets closer I will post the dates of where I will be at.
I'll prob only get to mid ohio once or twice as they only have twilight runs on a couple saturdays and the rest of their days are like mondays and tuesdays
That and I'm too cheap to want to pay a membership fee to ride which I think is total

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-nose View Post
Great idea I just moved to Indy after 3 years in Texas and I am looking to do some track days up here and meet some new people I am in for a lot of track days this year lets get it on
Welcome to the group

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowbizx View Post
nesba runs beaverun a lot too
List updated

Quote:
Originally Posted by six4three5 View Post
I'm in NY hope you don't mind me dropping in. I plan on hitting up Beaverun and Mid Ohio this summer hopefully definitely one or the other.
Not at all, Welcome

Quote:
Originally Posted by psunate08 View Post
Hey guys

I'm here from Erie and plan on going to the track for the first time this spring! BeavRun and Mid-Ohio are for sure on the list. I also want to make it down to Summit Point in West Virginia. Glad we have a thread now!
Nelson's is a good course to start on. Fast and not as technical as beaver or Mid-ohio, Plus I guess I'm a little bias and liked that motoseries sets up a separate group for beginners with instructors (with no other type of riders) that you follow the whole day to learn the lines and some basic techniques to start your skills in the right direction (which is run by experienced racers) I learned a lot and great people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinisterpball View Post

Yes indeed

Chat thread here

post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 02-14-2012, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
I hate you Turn 4!

This will be my first day this season with racing on sunday if the weather is good and no snow on the ground

Nelson's Ledges
April 28 Saturday Trackday
April 29 Sunday Racing

Chat thread here

post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
I hate you Turn 4!

How's everyones prep for the seasoning coming along? Me, still sanding but hopeful to be done this week with it and then paint

Chat thread here

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in