Ohio Riders - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:21 AM Thread Starter
BBBRRRAAAPPPPPP

Bike: 07 R6
Ohio Riders

Mainly Northern Ohio, South of Cleveland area.

Where are some good places to ride?

There are a few places I'll hit in Brecksville Reservation area, Helltown by Boston Mills (roads are sh!t) and Hinkley Medina area between say the North Royalton Border and Rte. 18 in Medina and from 42 to 77.

The group I ride with mainly hit 71 and take that North to Cleveland and ride around the city but you can only do that so many times until that gets old too.

But where the hell are some good places to ride. I am starting to get bored with what I have been on and am looking for better area's to ride in the South of Cleveland area, if there are even any, twisty sections, if I wanted to go fast in a straight line I'd hit Norwalk.

Any feedback would be great. Maybe a general location or something so I can check it out on Google Maps and figure out how to get there.

Drew

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Yamaha YZF R6R
Toce Brothers Powdercoating Shermoto Levers GPR V1 Damper Mirror Block Off's Frame Sliders Smoked Tail Light/Signals/Windshield Candy Red Billet Grips/Swing Arm Spools/Bar Ends DDM tuning 6000K HID's Fender Eliminator Debadged K&N Filter Bar End Mirrors Red Third Eye USB Phone Charger

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 AM
I hate you Turn 4!

Bike: 09 Orca
Come out to Nelson's ledges for the day and ride the track. Ton of fun and a lot of great people, the cost isn't to painful, as long as you have boots and gloves, you can rent a suit or depending on you size there are a couple for sale on Craigslist in the Akron area for stupid cheap

sent from the phone

Join the XBL Races on MotoGp 14 here

Join the XBL Races on SBKX here

Chat thread here

600 Superbike Series Novice # 277
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:49 AM
I eat my R6

Re: Ohio Riders

check out the forum ohioriders.com

tons of good people in there that love to ride.

Nathan - #425 - 07 Yamaha R6
35 Motorsports, Vortex Racing, Pit Posse Motorsports, Spy Optics, Suomy Helmets, 614 Paintworx, Optimal Racing, GP Tech
Nationwide Children's Hospital/Ohio Motorcyclists for Children
The Retrofit Source

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
BBBRRRAAAPPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk277 View Post
Come out to Nelson's ledges for the day and ride the track. Ton of fun and a lot of great people, the cost isn't to painful, as long as you have boots and gloves, you can rent a suit or depending on you size there are a couple for sale on Craigslist in the Akron area for stupid cheap

sent from the phone
I was just at Nelson's Ledges the other day but for swimmin and drinkin, last Thursday actually, it's only like 45 minutes from me right down Rte. 82. Is there a link you can shoot me for the Nelson's track days so I can see cost's and all that needed to go there? I have gloves, but no actual "riding" boots, just work boots I wear. I will check out craigslist to see what they have for suits for sure! Thanks!

Do you ride street at all, or just track?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg624 View Post

I'm on there, seems to be mostly Southern Ohio though. I am not a fan of that forum that much, but I will go back and check it out.

2007 Yamaha YZF R6R
Toce Brothers Powdercoating Shermoto Levers GPR V1 Damper Mirror Block Off's Frame Sliders Smoked Tail Light/Signals/Windshield Candy Red Billet Grips/Swing Arm Spools/Bar Ends DDM tuning 6000K HID's Fender Eliminator Debadged K&N Filter Bar End Mirrors Red Third Eye USB Phone Charger

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:08 AM
I hate you Turn 4!

Bike: 09 Orca

Quote:
Originally Posted by F4MOU$ View Post
I was just at Nelson's Ledges the other day but for swimmin and drinkin, last Thursday actually, it's only like 45 minutes from me right down Rte. 82. Is there a link you can shoot me for the Nelson's track days so I can see cost's and all that needed to go there? I have gloves, but no actual "riding" boots, just work boots I wear. I will check out craigslist to see what they have for suits for sure! Thanks!

Do you ride street at all, or just track?

I'm on there, seems to be mostly Southern Ohio though. I am not a fan of that forum that much, but I will go back and check it out.
Right now yeah just track, I've been looking for a late 68-74 honda CB to turn into a cafe racer and be able to ride on the street again. Though once you start riding the track the street isn't really fun any more.

Motoseries.com is the web page

Join the XBL Races on MotoGp 14 here

Join the XBL Races on SBKX here

Chat thread here

600 Superbike Series Novice # 277
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-18-2012, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
BBBRRRAAAPPPPPP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronk277 View Post
Right now yeah just track, I've been looking for a late 68-74 honda CB to turn into a cafe racer and be able to ride on the street again. Though once you start riding the track the street isn't really fun any more.

Motoseries.com is the web page
Nice, my buddy is doing a full resto on a Yamaha RD 400 I think it is, early 70's into a Cafe Racer.

I'll check the site out once we slow down at work. Thankyou

2007 Yamaha YZF R6R

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-09-2015, 09:29 PM
R1 was Faster...

Bike: 2007 Yamaha R6
Go down Highway 11 or SR 7 to East Liverpool area, WICKED WICKED WICKED Whipping grounds!!!!!! It's like Wayne National Forest? It's an hour from Youngstown literally any road you take is curvasious! You can spend an entire day and only go so many miles it's that awesome! It's like a weekend trip kinda deal if you ask me, but I'd want to stay all week. Hit me up sometime if you'd like to go ?? Maybe next season though, I'm only doing local riding because I'd rather not go to far this cold/wet.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-04-2017, 12:04 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2015 R1
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by natedogg624 View Post

most of them pole smoke each other.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 11:34 AM
Only bleed Yamablue

Bike: 2007 R6R

Mohican area for scenic back roads!

2007 Yamaha R6R
Full Hindle Performance Exhaust System
K&N Air Filter
Power Commander V
Custom Lighting
Shinko 005 Radials
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Dealer to the addiction

Bike: 2017 R6
Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamahacrazy View Post
most of them pole smoke each other.
That has been my experience as well.

I'm in Cincinnati. Want to roll around northern Kentucky, let me know.
yamahacrazy likes this.

Slow is smooth, and smooth is fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in