2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!! - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 06:10 PM
Forum Moderator
 
Skeeter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lake Placid, FL
Posts: 3,091
Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6
Images: 3
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Chad, PM me for any duties you need done. See you in June.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Scratch that, see you in November at Barber.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Skeeter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6
 
gawarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fayetteville, Ga
Posts: 1,462
Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCwiLd
wish i could go but nc is a little to far for me..and i dont think i can get away from work for that long

dude, we have guys come a heck of a lot farther that from PA. And I know there are guys coming from PA too. If at all possible you should try and make it. Even if it is only for Thursday-sunday.
gawarrior is offline  
post #13 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 08:47 PM
I eat my R6
 
BuCwiLd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pocono, PA
Posts: 867
Bike: a BIGWHEEL
Send a message via AIM to BuCwiLd
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

i saw that it is an 8 hr ride to ralegh nc is it around there? fr-sun may be possible

GOIN DOWN IS GOING TO HAPPEN! BE SMART. WEAR GEAR!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuCwiLd is offline  
 
post #14 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 09:10 PM
06-R6 Track Day Terrorist
 
NauticaTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allentown,PA
Posts: 130
Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6 (Race)
Send a message via AIM to NauticaTom
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

i am coming down, I will probably have some room available on a trailer if you want to come down, just help pitch a little for gas.
NauticaTom is offline  
post #15 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6
 
gawarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fayetteville, Ga
Posts: 1,462
Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCwiLd
i saw that it is an 8 hr ride to ralegh nc is it around there? fr-sun may be possible

actually it isn't anywhere near Raleigh NC. Look up Fontana Village on mapquest.

Looks like you may have a ride with NauticaTom though
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.



let me know what you decide. I need to know anyone that is coming so I can put you on the list...that is where I draw prizes from.
gawarrior is offline  
post #16 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 11:43 AM
I eat my R6
 
BuCwiLd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pocono, PA
Posts: 867
Bike: a BIGWHEEL
Send a message via AIM to BuCwiLd
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

you got my attention nautica... tom when u goin down, which day? i see the rooms are 99-199 depending on what u want. i see there is some sort of fee. about how much is it..i also see its mon-fri but the dinner is sat. so its over sat?hey tom you goin down alone or with yo honey? cawse im sure my wife may wanna tag along..lol

GOIN DOWN IS GOING TO HAPPEN! BE SMART. WEAR GEAR!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by BuCwiLd; 10-21-2006 at 11:48 AM.
BuCwiLd is offline  
post #17 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 01:48 PM
06-R6 Track Day Terrorist
 
NauticaTom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Allentown,PA
Posts: 130
Bike: 2006 Yamaha R6 (Race)
Send a message via AIM to NauticaTom
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Ive talked to slickonez99 about the whole convention thing, and he says that the best time to go down is Trailering down there Wednesday and leaving sunday. the Trip is about 12 hours, so basically if we pull out around 6am after loading up, we would get there around sunset, unload the bikes / gear and grab dinner, shoot the bs with forum members, and then hit the hay.

The next day go hit some of the local roads, or do a pre-convention gap run.

Friday / Saturday are the big days there, figure on linking up on some group rides, do the convention gap run / yamaha dinner then pull out on sunday morning, be home sunday evening and unload.

I think either ill leave wed/thursday. Since you seem to want to come, let me know what your schedule is and we'll work something around it. I dont mind leaving thursday at all.

As far as signficant other go. i am not "planning" on bringing her down there. I do NOT want to two up on the Gap run, way too many turns. and I want to hang out with forum buddies, go on impromtpu runs , do whatever craziness may ensue down there. and with women in tow, spontaneous is not a word in their vocabulary.

Obviously that is subject to change, she is not real big on Riding on my R6, but spring is another season where she may decide she wants to. I will discourage her from coming to the gap as much as possible, I totally want this to be a man-cation.

The vehicle I will be bringing is a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, with a 16 Foot enclosed Haul-Mark Race Trailer behind it. It is enough to carry 3 bikes strapped in comfortably, and a fleet of tools / spare parts / stands / chairs etc to go with it for a day at the track.

The Truck will seat 3 comfortably, so with that being, I guess if your woman wants to come down, maybe you guys could follow in a car behind my truck, that way she can have a "vehicle" of escape to go out and do her own thing while we ride.

Lodging - I havent even looked into this yet. maybe you could give me a hand in figuring this out. Obviously I dont care about double occupancy, as long as I have my own bed. If your woman comes though, you guys get a room, ill definitely get another spot. I dont do tent camping, especially not after riding a motorcycle.

Let me know what ya think, also lets take this into PM's , i dont want to hog up the thread with this stuff.
NauticaTom is offline  
post #18 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6
 
gawarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fayetteville, Ga
Posts: 1,462
Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NauticaTom
Ive talked to slickonez99 about the whole convention thing, and he says that the best time to go down is Trailering down there Wednesday and leaving sunday. the Trip is about 12 hours, so basically if we pull out around 6am after loading up, we would get there around sunset, unload the bikes / gear and grab dinner, shoot the bs with forum members, and then hit the hay.

The next day go hit some of the local roads, or do a pre-convention gap run.

Friday / Saturday are the big days there, figure on linking up on some group rides, do the convention gap run / yamaha dinner then pull out on sunday morning, be home sunday evening and unload.

I think either ill leave wed/thursday. Since you seem to want to come, let me know what your schedule is and we'll work something around it. I dont mind leaving thursday at all.

As far as signficant other go. i am not "planning" on bringing her down there. I do NOT want to two up on the Gap run, way too many turns. and I want to hang out with forum buddies, go on impromtpu runs , do whatever craziness may ensue down there. and with women in tow, spontaneous is not a word in their vocabulary.

Obviously that is subject to change, she is not real big on Riding on my R6, but spring is another season where she may decide she wants to. I will discourage her from coming to the gap as much as possible, I totally want this to be a man-cation.

The vehicle I will be bringing is a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD, with a 16 Foot enclosed Haul-Mark Race Trailer behind it. It is enough to carry 3 bikes strapped in comfortably, and a fleet of tools / spare parts / stands / chairs etc to go with it for a day at the track.

The Truck will seat 3 comfortably, so with that being, I guess if your woman wants to come down, maybe you guys could follow in a car behind my truck, that way she can have a "vehicle" of escape to go out and do her own thing while we ride.

Lodging - I havent even looked into this yet. maybe you could give me a hand in figuring this out. Obviously I dont care about double occupancy, as long as I have my own bed. If your woman comes though, you guys get a room, ill definitely get another spot. I dont do tent camping, especially not after riding a motorcycle.

Let me know what ya think, also lets take this into PM's , i dont want to hog up the thread with this stuff.

on the lodging I would look into one of the cabins at fontana asap just to ensure you have one. that would probably be you best bet on lodging.
gawarrior is offline  
post #19 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:22 PM
I eat my R6
 
BuCwiLd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Pocono, PA
Posts: 867
Bike: a BIGWHEEL
Send a message via AIM to BuCwiLd
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

its impossible for me to know right now if id be able to go

GOIN DOWN IS GOING TO HAPPEN! BE SMART. WEAR GEAR!


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
BuCwiLd is offline  
post #20 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6
 
gawarrior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Fayetteville, Ga
Posts: 1,462
Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCwiLd
its impossible for me to know right now if id be able to go

Just do it, commit and do it. Take my word for it...you will be glad you did it
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


The party boat on thursday night is going to be crazy! and that is just one of the many cool things going on
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
gawarrior is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in











Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome