2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!! - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 06:13 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: a BIGWHEEL
Send a message via AIM to BuCwiLd
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

im goin on vacation in mid november, lets ee how it goes after i go back...what kind of a commitment do you need from us?

GOIN DOWN IS GOING TO HAPPEN! BE SMART. WEAR GEAR!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-26-2006, 07:55 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuCwiLd
im goin on vacation in mid november, lets ee how it goes after i go back...what kind of a commitment do you need from us?

sounds good.

I just need to know if you are for sure coming so I can put you on the definates list. That is where we draw prizes from, but you have to be there to win.

also, I don't have the food thread up yet but I will need your food money paid up before May 10th. I still need to talk to fontana about what fees we are going to have to pay before I know the exact amount though.
post #23 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

I think I might can swing this trip. I'll have to check my schedule to see if I can work it in. HaHa. Um, you wanna add my name to the list Mr. Convention Coordinator?
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #24 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-14-2006, 08:08 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2004 R6,2002 R6,2005 R.5
Send a message via AIM to bykelife Send a message via MSN to bykelife Send a message via Yahoo to bykelife

To anyone who has never been to the gap: I have been there about 4 times! It is the most awesome, and beautiful place to ride, and see! Convention or no convention I would recommend going and checking it out. I really don't want to step on anyones toes here, but I am a REAL "broke ass"! I know I would not be able to afford staying up in fontana vlg, and assume a few ppl out there might be in the same "boat"; where they would be lucky enough to just "be there"! Fortunately I am personally lucky enough to have a friend that just moved down to knoxville TN (about 50 miles out of the gap; where he's at) from where I live in chicago. So I know I have a "free" place to stay. Once again, not trying to step on any toes, but; to anyone who would like to come, but would be lucky enough to be there, and not be able to afford lodging; say @ the fontanna village; I am decently familiar with the area down there, and could certainly recommend a few places that would definately be cheaper! So maybe you can come too
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I don't know how many ppl showed for the convention in 2006, (unfortunely I WAS there during the convention in 2006 but my R6 was back in chicago having the motor rebuilt, I was on a borrowed POS honda F3! So I didn't bother.) I would just like to see as many people who would like to be there have the chance to come out!

My top #1 recommendation for anyone on a (tight) budget would be to C A M P. I can refer anyone interested to CHEAP camp areas! When the time comes "closer to" I may be able to talk to my buddy in knoxville (TN) to see if "we" (not *everybody* of course, just some of the strict budgeted) could "camp out" at his place/property. If he agrees, the lot could probably "put up" anywhere between 10, and 25 tents (4-5 person/man tent, depending on how close we have to place them out)[guessing]

My #2 recommendation is only for someone who has a REAL steel ass! someone who is a REAL die hard rider LOL: The first three times I went to deals gap I *was* lucky enough to have a trailer. Most expenses paid for by a friend (with a lil chip'n in here and there of course) Well after I got my baby back from her motor rebuild I just could NOT wait to go back, and I knew I would NOT be able to afford gas in my (gas hog of a) truck! So YES; I rode ALL THE WAY from chicago to the TN NC border
[YES "the gap" is WELL worth the long ass ride; it *is* THAT awesome of a place!!!!!] it took approx 12 hours non stop (but for gas, and a cigarette; multiple times of course). I even had a passenger LMFAO! Well; the really REALLY unbelievably INCREDABLE part of riding all the way from chicago IL to the TN NC border (the gap); is that the cost for fuel was *ONLY* about $40-$50. Compare that to the $150-$250 it would *probably* take in a car or truck!!!!!!!!!! (ROUND TRIP would be about $80-$100 by bike ; $300-$500 by car/truck) I know that will durastically vary depending on what kind of vehicle your driving, what kind of trailer, what kind of driving habbits ETC... I am just going off of personal experience. I WOULD say; if this is not really an option for you, for whatever reason(s); the only other thing I could recommend IS to find a guy with a trailer (visa versa; if you have a trailor seek ppl to take down with you to "ease" *your* fuel expenses) and everone who can fit on the trailer splits the costs of fuel!
[edit:] Oh yea, for riding long distance trips so you dont have to stop so much for something to drink pick up a cheap camel back (or camel back imitation) THEY RULE!

Either way; NO MATTER WHAT, I WILL be there for the 2007 convention
(I CAN'T WAIT). I will also certainly be riding it out again; since I did it once I know I can do it again! So if there is ANYONE willing/wanting/NEEDING to ride it the entire way from the chicago area, or within the path from chicago to the gap I will be more than happy to let you ride it with my buddy and I! It will be a damn blast!

So despite all my blabbling I am "in" no matter what! Count me in!! Granted I *wont* be staying in fontanna village, if there is any way that I can be of assistance or help out with this whole thing, someone let me know. I hope to meet you all there!
post #25 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 07:01 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Good deal, I will get you on the list!

You have some good options but something to consider is 1, fontana has a nice campground by the river only a mile from the rest of the village, so that is close. and 2. splitting a cabin several ways makes it pretty darn cheap, and you are right in the middle of all the action. My first convention I only paid 131 bucks for four nights in the biggest cabin they have....we split it seven ways. It was a bit crowded but not too bad and cheap!
post #26 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 07:44 AM
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawarrior

You have some good options but something to consider is 1, fontana has a nice campground by the river only a mile from the rest of the village, so that is close. and 2. splitting a cabin several ways makes it pretty darn cheap, and you are right in the middle of all the action. My first convention I only paid 131 bucks for four nights in the biggest cabin they have....we split it seven ways. It was a bit crowded but not too bad and cheap!

We had 7 in my cabin and it was pretty darn cheap. But a guy rode from ND to the gap.

2006 Yamaha R6 race/Track
2002 Aprilia RSV 1000 Street
post #27 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2004 R6,2002 R6,2005 R.5
Send a message via AIM to bykelife Send a message via MSN to bykelife Send a message via Yahoo to bykelife

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawarrior

I hear ya man. I am just tryin' to put every option out there so anyone who would like to make it can, even the very strict budgeted! I like your options too! I don't mind stayin' with my buddy in knoxville though it's 50 miles out. I am a "ridin' ass"; I *love* ridin' so I don't mind bein' the 50 miles away; it just means more riding for me
post #28 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 12:40 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykelife
I hear ya man. I am just tryin' to put every option out there so anyone who would like to make it can, even the very strict budgeted! I like your options too! I don't mind stayin' with my buddy in knoxville though it's 50 miles out. I am a "ridin' ass"; I *love* ridin' so I don't mind bein' the 50 miles away; it just means more riding for me

sounds good.
post #29 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by bykelife

Just so you know that ride sucks from knoxville to the gap...

2006 Yamaha R6 race/Track
2002 Aprilia RSV 1000 Street
post #30 of 280 (permalink) Old 11-15-2006, 02:33 PM
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning
Just so you know that ride sucks from knoxville to the gap...
i heard the same.

5/8/10: Northeastsportbikes.com is holding their 5th annual beginning of season bbq. If you're in the tristate area, please feel free to attend. Details can be found in the Northeast section of this site

08 Yamaha R6, Shorty Pazzo's, and a double bubble windscreen. I need more monies.

- Pennsylvania, Jersey, Delaware, and New York for local rides
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in