2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!! - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:10 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

ALL UPDATES WILL BE RIGHT HERE ON THIS POST

Ok, it's that time again this will be the Official thread for all the info for the 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention at Deal's Gap. Let's keep this thread for info and convention talk. The R6-Forum will be joining us again this year. The R6 Forum is owned by the same people, the McCoy's, that own the R1 Forum so we are going to make this a combined event for this year. Although we will keep up with all the R1 Forum stuff here and they will keep up with the R6 Forum Stuff over there.

FUNDS REQUIRED: TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON

Cut off will be May 15th 2007 for that money. We will have arm bracelets to identify if you have paid or not.

Here are the details to date:
Date: June 11-17th
These are the dates that it will Officially be going on. But the Dinners will still be Monday-Friday and Yamaha Dinner Saturday again. If you can't come the whole week at least try and get there by Wed or Thursday. The whole area is unbelievable during the week when things aren't as crowded.

Place: Deal's Gap

info about the Gap:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lodging: Fontana Village
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Rates:
WE do get Discount Rates, But you MUST tell them you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group 1-800-849-2258 tell them you are with R1-Forum

Make your reservations early. IT WILL FILL UP!!! It would really suck to not be able to get a cabin at Fontana
nod There are other places to stay but you want to stay up there with us for sure.

They do have Inn rooms available this year, but I suggest getting a cabin. You can come out a lot better and they can get you closer to where will be set up in a cabin also. And to be honest some of their cabins are just a cheap as the Inn Rooms. Look at their website and inquire of them by phone to make your choice. 1-800-849-2258. I would suggest making reservations as early as you can, everywhere fills up that time of year up there. Make sure you tell them you are with the R1 Rally so you get the special rates and so that they put you with us, if there are any problems ask to speak with Toni, John or Debbie or just let me know. They have blocked off a section for us. So start making reservations as soon as you can. For the guys coming up as singles I would suggest getting together with other folks on the Forum and splitting the cost of a small or large cabin. There are gonna be several cabins available. Some of them brand new!
Fontana also has campsites available if you want to camp. They are approx. a mile down the road.

Everyone is welcome but please realize that this group is made up with many types of riders of different skill levels and desires. This is not about getting together to race, or to drag other people into riding above their limits! Everyone is expected to ride at their own pace and have a good time!

FOOD:

COOK: Fontana Village

REMEMBER: Deadline of May 15th for all funds!!!

Alcoholic beverages: BYOB

T-SHIRTS: In the food thread

PHOTOGRAPHY: Snapz. We know as Laura. As far as I know she will be joining us again to take all the phots. I will have here start a thread and handle all this.

PRIZES:Gawarrior and KWComp are going to work on getting prizes. We may do the Raffle again this year, so on top of normal prizes we are going to buy some things and raffle them off. The more Raffle tickets are bought the more prizes will be available.
EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: Fill out sheet upon Check in.

UPDATE ON EVENTS:

Monday-Friday at 6:30pmish will be dinner on Shuckstack Road...EXCEPT THURSDAY will be on the Boat!!!

Whitewater Rafting-TBA

Dirtbiking-TBA

Party Boat- Thursday Night, Dinner on the boat also

Saturday night at 6:30 is the Big Yamaha Sponsored Steak dinner at the Banquet hall. The prize giveaway will be during this also.

Most everything is discussed and planned out in the evenings around dinner and hanging out. If you want to get up a ride or find out where people are going the next day come up to Shuckstack Road and hang out. If you get to Fontana during the day just head to the CROT and you will find someone from the forum.

Please contact me, Gawarrior, to be put on the DEFINATE list:

****YOU HAVE TO BE ON THIS LIST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE GIVEAWAY**** DEFINATES ONLY THOUGH

SpidermanSS, bykelife, skeeter, SonLiturbodc2gsr, 6rider_05, Mkiv, YamaR6chica+1, Sycobiker, Ravenrider2006+4, SuperDave344, CecilR1000+1, beaker, gatorman, dmccarley1979+1, STLFIRER6, Enigmatic1, Shyster, ghstrida02, Reaper6, R6speed

R6 Forum Names are in BLUE

Last edited by gawarrior; 05-16-2007 at 09:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:11 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

I do need volunteers to help pick up the food each night and to also help clean up each night and take back Fontana's dishes etc.

I will probably need a few others to help with some stuff too. Let me know if you are interested.

thanks!
post #3 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:17 AM
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning
Re: 2007 Kelly Brown Memorial R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention June 11-17th!!!!

Chad, Like last time. If there is any local buisiness you need me to take care of, Let me know.

2006 Yamaha R6 race/Track
2002 Aprilia RSV 1000 Street

post #4 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTLightning
Chad, Like last time. If there is any local buisiness you need me to take care of, Let me know.

thanks Justin. If you think of anything shoot me a pm.
post #5 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Ron
im working out details with a few of my riding buddies to get down there. i will definitely help out anyway i can.

sounds good. thank you.

so are you a definate??? If so I will put you on the list...if not let me know when you are
post #6 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 08:48 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

cool, you are on the list.
post #7 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:00 AM
Road Beaver

Bike: 06 R6, 02 RSV 1000
Send a message via AIM to SVTLightning Send a message via Yahoo to SVTLightning

Im a definite, staying with the crew from last year

2006 Yamaha R6 race/Track
2002 Aprilia RSV 1000 Street
post #8 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 09:46 AM
5/8/10 - NES BBQ V

Bike: 2008 Yamaha R6

Chad, even though I'm not going, I will contribute. I can send down like 5 packs of plates and a hufe box of forks and knives instead of using fontanas dishes.

5/8/10: Northeastsportbikes.com is holding their 5th annual beginning of season bbq. If you're in the tristate area, please feel free to attend. Details can be found in the Northeast section of this site

08 Yamaha R6, Shorty Pazzo's, and a double bubble windscreen. I need more monies.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- Pennsylvania, Jersey, Delaware, and New York for local rides
post #9 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-19-2006, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickonez99
Chad, even though I'm not going, I will contribute. I can send down like 5 packs of plates and a hufe box of forks and knives instead of using fontanas dishes.

Thanks Nick! That may save us some $$$$.
post #10 of 280 (permalink) Old 10-20-2006, 05:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: a BIGWHEEL
Send a message via AIM to BuCwiLd

wish i could go but nc is a little to far for me..and i dont think i can get away from work for that long

GOIN DOWN IS GOING TO HAPPEN! BE SMART. WEAR GEAR!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in