2008 R1/R6 Forum Convention at Deal's Gap Official Thread - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
2008 R1/R6 Forum Convention at Deal's Gap Official Thread

ALL UPDATES WILL BE RIGHT HERE ON THIS POST

Ok, it's that time again this will be the Official thread for all the info for the 2008 R1/R6 Forum East Coast Convention at Deal's Gap. Let's keep this thread for info and convention talk. The R6-Forum will be joining us again this year. The R6 Forum is owned by the same people, the McCoy's, that own the R1 Forum so we are going to make this a combined event for this year. Although we will keep up with all the R1 Forum stuff here and they will keep up with the R6 Forum Stuff over here.

FUNDS REQUIRED: $100 per person for dinner each night. $20 for a convention shirt. Add $5 for paypal fees. Total is $125 per person.

FOOD THREAD:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Cut off will be May 15th 2008 for that money. We will have arm bracelets to identify if you have paid or not.

Here are the details to date:
Date: June 16-22th
These are the dates that it will Officially be going on. But the Dinners will still be Monday-Friday and Yamaha Dinner Saturday again. If you can't come the whole week at least try and get there by Wed or Thursday. The whole area is unbelievable during the week when things aren't as crowded.

Place: Deal's Gap
info about the Gap:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Lodging: Fontana Village

Rates:
WE do get Discount Rates, But you MUST tell them you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group 1-800-849-2258 tell them you are with R1-Forum

Make your reservations early. IT WILL FILL UP!!! It would really suck to not be able to get a cabin at Fontana
nod There are other places to stay but you want to stay up there with us for sure.

They do have Inn rooms available this year, but I suggest getting a cabin. You can come out a lot better and they can get you closer to where will be set up in a cabin also. And to be honest some of their cabins are just a cheap as the Inn Rooms. Look at their website and inquire of them by phone to make your choice. 1-800-849-2258. I would suggest making reservations as early as you can, everywhere fills up that time of year up there. Make sure you tell them you are with the R1 Rally so you get the special rates and so that they put you with us, if there are any problems ask to speak with Toni or Debbie or just let me know. They have blocked off cabins and rooms for us. So start making reservations as soon as you can. For the guys coming up as singles I would suggest getting together with other folks on the Forum and splitting the cost of a small or large cabin. There are gonna be several cabins available. Some of them brand new!
Fontana also has campsites available if you want to camp. They are approx. a mile down the road.

CUT OFF DATE TO RESERVE CABINS/ROOMS IS MARCH 1ST

We have X amount of cabins blocked off for us at a discounted rate, after March 1st they will be released to the general public and WILL sell out. SO GET YOUR RESERVATIONS MADE!!!!

Everyone is welcome – but please realize that this group is made up with many types of riders of different skill levels and desires. This is not about getting together to race, or to drag other people into riding above their limits! Everyone is expected to ride at their own pace and have a good time!

FOOD: I will start a thread for this shortly and I need everyone to vote in this thread so I know how much food to get Fontana to prepare.

COOK: Fontana Village

REMEMBER: Deadline of May 10th for all funds!!!

Alcoholic beverages: BYOB

T-SHIRTS: PRE ORDER ONLY!! I will post up a thread for the shirts when we get that setup.

PHOTOGRAPHY: Snapz. We know as Laura. As far as I know she will be joining us again to take all the photos. I will have her start a thread and handle all this.

PRIZES: Of course we will have prizes again this year. These will be given out at the Yamaha dinner on Saturday night. You HAVE to be a member of the R1 Forum or R6 Forum and also on the definates list to be eligible for the Prize drawing. We have some killer prizes every year so you need to make sure I put you on the definates list if you are coming. No maybes, I said definates...please remember that.

EMERGENCY CONTACT INFO: Fill out sheet upon Check in.

UPDATE ON EVENTS:

Monday-Friday at 6:30pmish will be dinner on Shuckstack Road...EXCEPT THURSDAY will be on the Boat!!!

Whitewater Rafting-TBA

Dirtbiking-TBA

Party Boat- Thursday Night

Saturday- night at 6:30 is the Big Yamaha Sponsored dinner. The prize giveaway will be during this also.

Most everything is discussed and planned out in the evenings around dinner and hanging out. If you want to get up a ride or find out where people are going the next day come up to Shuckstack Road and hang out. If you get to Fontana during the day just head to the CROT and you will find someone from the forum.

Please contact me, Gawarrior, to be put on the definate list:

****YOU HAVE TO BE ON THIS LIST TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PRIZE GIVEAWAY**** DEFINATES ONLY THOUGH

dmccarley1979
ViPeRVeNoM+2
thefatguy256
jtdam24
tommy383
Superdave344
Mike Parks
shyster
cecilR1000
GIJoe007
Paytheon
Yammie6
R6Juiced
Sycobiker
AWDXTCY
daddyphatsaks
Rrwing
Spdrwebs
dolphman88
thatfastone
alliash21

Last edited by gawarrior; 05-18-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 08:00 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Re: 2008 R1/R6 Forum Convention at Deal's Gap Official Thread

Ok R6 Forum guys...as you have seen this event is HUGE! Articles in several major magazines recently and on TV shows also. They wouldn't be doing writeups for this if it wasn't a big deal. So let's see some R6 Forums guy this year!
post #3 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 10:58 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

good deal derrick!

Cost will be the same as last year.

post #4 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 01:10 PM
Not DoD Blocked

Bike: 2007 Charcoal R1 gone

I'm definitely in. What was the cost last year? This is my first.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2007 Charcoal R1 gone
2005 R6 ???
1999 Chevy Silverado 6.0/T-56 too much to list
post #5 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 04:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

You know I'm in. Wouldn't miss it for anything. It's the best week of the year.
post #6 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-24-2007, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViPeRVeNoM
I'm definitely in. What was the cost last year? This is my first.

Awesome!!!!!!! YOu are on the list.

What dmccarley said, 100 for the food, 20 for a shirt, if you pay with paypal add 5 bucks for paypal fees.

I will have that thread setup soon and have a running list of who is paid.
post #7 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 07:38 AM
I eat MY R6.

Bike: 2004 R6 Blue
Send a message via AIM to thefatguy256 Send a message via Yahoo to thefatguy256

I'm in just let me know when and where to pay!!
post #8 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 11:48 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

you will pay me, it is 100 for the food and 20 for a shirt. Just keep checking here. I will start up a food and payment thread in a few days.

I am putting you on the definates list now.
post #9 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 01:08 PM
My R6 eats me.

gawarrior can u put me on the list of people going..
post #10 of 494 (permalink) Old 09-27-2007, 03:16 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 05 r6 raven
Send a message via AIM to rossman901

i'd love to go but i think im just a lil too slow to be riding those twisties. you guys can whip your shit around, im just not that comfy yet!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in