Fontana Lodging Thread for Convention - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:33 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6
Re: Fontana Lodging Thread for Convention

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like Dan said. Actually, I think it's because Cell Towers can't be put on National Forrest Land which is located all around the area. James, Don't worry. On most of the rides we do you usually end up say in Robbinsville, NC or Tellico Plains, TN {from the Skyway} where you get full cell service.
That was the reason I've been given, Randy. Can't put the towers in the National Forrest.

But I'll have more information tomorrow. They didn't have answers to some of my questions today, but will tomorrow. Renevations are ongiong, and cabins that didn't have phones will be getting them.

Sorry for the delay...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Just got off the phone with Ms. Lacy from Fontana. These are the availabilities:

5 Hotel rooms w/ 2 queen beds
18 rustic cabins (no phone, ac, etc)
4 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
2 3 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, NO phone)

There are ongoing renevations, but they don't include adding phones to cabins that do not have them.

They have pay phones and house phones (use calling cards) in the lobby. And as we all know... cell phones don't work in too many areas.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #13 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ
Just got off the phone with Ms. Lacy from Fontana. These are the availabilities:

5 Hotel rooms w/ 2 queen beds
18 rustic cabins (no phone, ac, etc)
4 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
2 3 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, NO phone)

There are ongoing renevations, but they don't include adding phones to cabins that do not have them.

They have pay phones and house phones (use calling cards) in the lobby. And as we all know... cell phones don't work in too many areas.
get them booked guys!

And I am sure that is what they have allotted for us. You better grab up something otherwise when our allotment is gone that other cabins at Fontana that time of the year go very fast and very early.

post #14 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Man I OWNED that wheelie!

Well looks like I'll need to crash someone's room for the convention, atleast Wednesday through Saturday. I think i'm gonna try to ride the whole way from Birmingham, al, so wednesday is probably the earliest I'll be able to make it. This is my first time to the convention, ya'll do it big!
If anyone has an available bed (preferably unoccupied, or atleast occupied by a female brunnette. I don't mind married women, it makes things so much easier. )
let me know.

About me: 21, white male, Alabama. NOT a newbie rider, just new to the forum. I'd prefer to room with some young folks, but I'm not picky

Last edited by crazywolf450r; 01-12-2008 at 12:55 AM.
post #15 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-11-2008, 11:24 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazywolf450r
Well looks like I'll need to crash someone's room for the convention, atleast Wednesday through Saturday. I think i'm gonna try to ride the whole way from Birmingham, al, so wednesday is probably the earliest I'll be able to make it. This is my first time to the convention, ya'll do it big!
If anyone has an available bed, let me know.

About me: 21, white male, Alabama. NOT a newbie rider, just new to the forum. I'd prefer to room with some young folks, but I'm not picky
There are several people watching this thread, and there is a corresponding thread on the R1 Forum. I am running a list on the first post on the R1 Forum, but I can't edit the first post here. But we are looking. We should hopefully match you up with a place to stay soon. I will PM you and post in this thread that you are covered when we get you a place.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #16 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 01:28 AM
Man I OWNED that wheelie!

and he's nice....

post #17 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 06:04 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

Dan, what do you need edited? Let me know and I'll take care of it.
post #18 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 07:48 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter
Dan, what do you need edited? Let me know and I'll take care of it.
I've been editing the first post in the other Forum to show who is looking, or who has availability. Right now the list may be empty again pending Kevap contacting crazywolf450r.

But, as we get names or vacancies, I'd like to post them in the first post. Probably could just have Chad do it once a week.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #19 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

Good idea. If you have another name just let one of us know.
post #20 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 05:31 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanQ
I've been editing the first post in the other Forum to show who is looking, or who has availability. Right now the list may be empty again pending Kevap contacting crazywolf450r.

But, as we get names or vacancies, I'd like to post them in the first post. Probably could just have Chad do it once a week.
I'll be glad to. Just give a list of what you want on it once a week and I will update it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in