Fontana Lodging Thread for Convention - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-04-2007, 05:05 AM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450
Fontana Lodging Thread for Convention

OK folks, I?m starting a thread to handle lodging at the convention issues, so we don't jam up the convention thread
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The idea here is to post in this thread any questions concerning lodging. The lodging will be primarily at Fontana Lodge Website:
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and you can see the rates at Rates: CLICK HERE. WE do get Discount Rates, But you MUST tell them you are with the Yamaha R1 Forum Group
Phone number: 1-800-849-2258

One of the bigger reasons for this thread is a lot of us will be traveling solo or in small groups, but may still want to stay in the lodges so we are close to all the fun. Some of the best times are just hanging out as seen here

So, post away with lodging questions and answers! This is going to be a great time!

I am hoping to lock on a lodge, and will be looking for roomies to split the expenses. I don?t want to be outside of stumbling distance? I mean walking distance of all the fun

If you are looking for a roomie, or a room, or have space, post up in this thread. Let's please try to stay predominently on topic so we don't have folks going all over the place for lodging info.

Here is a link to the same thread on the R1 Forum...you guys may want to keep an eye on it too because most will be post up in it.

Looking for a place:

BigpunR1 (R1-Forum; PM DanQ)

Room to let:

Para-327th (R1-Forum; PM DanQ)

Room to let, or looking for a place, PM DanQ.

Last edited by gawarrior; 03-11-2008 at 06:36 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 79 (permalink) Old 11-23-2007, 01:51 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6
Re: Fontana Lodging Thread for Convention

I was just trying to remember if I'd done that.

Just confirmed a 2 BR Hemlock so I'll be looking for people to fill it or take it if Scott's offer is still good.

Right now they still have:

3 Hemlocks
2 3 bed Azaeleas
4 2 bed Azaeleas

And a bunch of motel rooms and dogwoods

Remember folks... there's a TON of gathering and activity up on the hill, and the closer you are the less you'll miss!

(Thanks for the cross post Chad, I really thought I'd already done that!)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
post #3 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-09-2007, 07:15 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Updates for 12/09/2007

OK folks, this weeks updates from Ms. Tina (I really enjoy talking to those folks... so friendly and helpful):

5 Hotel rooms w/ 2 queen beds
18 rustic cabins
3 2 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
2 3 bedroom Azaelias (ac, cable, phone)
3 2 bedroom Hemlocks (ac, cable, phone)

and 2 3 bedroom Magnolias that will be available later in the week (18 June)

Also, don't forget that new to Fontana Village is a day spa, with licensed staff. So whether it's a little pampering for the other half, or some massage therapy for a rider who has been at it all day.

or 828-498-2090, or you can follow the link on the Fontana Village website.

Well... more in two weeks. Post your questions. I'm trying to consolidate the information from R1 and R6 Forums, so please forgive me if I leave something out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #4 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 04:35 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

I didn't think the cabins had phones in them. I can't remember seeing one for the past 4 years I've gone in the cabins and I'm talking about the nice Magnolias. Then again, it could be I was too busy riding to even notice. Deal's Gap will do this to the mind.
post #5 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
I eat my R6

Bike: 2007 R1, 2006 yz450

Randy, the magnolias don't have phones...at least the ones I know about. Some of the other cabins do though.
post #6 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 05:47 PM
I eat my R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by gawarrior
Randy, the magnolias don't have phones...at least the ones I know about. Some of the other cabins do though.
Perhaps somebody should come into the 21 century and get a cell phone?

|
|
post #7 of 79 (permalink) Old 12-10-2007, 06:44 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon
A cell phone at Fontana or Deals Gap.

Sadly... once we are in between those mountains, cell phones are a no no.
A couple of people reported getting a bar or two, or even connecting at the Overlook, but cell phone reception out there is scarce.

Randy: I think the Magnolia's don't have phones, as Chad said. When I call after Christmas I will specifically check that, because I've had a couple PMs specifically on phones and cable. I'm more worried about A/C. Don't want to drop at Fontana Dam during the group photo again. That was embarrassing

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

post #8 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Hopefully everyone has gotten through the holidays well, got everything they wanted from Santa, had a great New Year, and is ready to start the planning for what is no doubt going to be a fantastic Convention at Deals Gap!

I'm calling tomorrow, and in addition to the availability, I'll be checking on the presence of phones in what types of lodging.

If anyone can think of anything they want to know between now and noon eastern standard time on the 5th, post it here or PM me (posting here is better, it may spark other questions). I'll be calling about 1 PM tomorrow to check on things since I have not done so in a couple of weeks.

Take care...

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

Last edited by DanQ; 01-04-2008 at 08:57 PM.
post #9 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paytheon

Like Dan said. Actually, I think it's because Cell Towers can't be put on National Forrest Land which is located all around the area. James, Don't worry. On most of the rides we do you usually end up say in Robbinsville, NC or Tellico Plains, TN {from the Skyway} where you get full cell service.
post #10 of 79 (permalink) Old 01-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Looking for a place

Hey folks,

Rrwing (Nick) will be looking for a place to stay during the whole week. So if you have a cabin for the week or know of one, PM Rrwing or myself (so I can edit this post). One person, arriving at the beginning of the week and staying until Saturday.

This will be cross posted on the R1-Forum.

Anyone else? Looking for a place or roommates to share the expenses, post up.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
04 Roadstar Warrior

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in