Official: 2009 R1/R6 Deals Gap Convention Lodging Thread - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Official: 2009 R1/R6 Deals Gap Convention Lodging Thread

Revision Date: 24Oct08

*This first post is mirrored on both the R1 and R6 forums*

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

OFFICIAL Dates:
Monday June 1, 2009 - Sunday June 7, 2009

It's time to start planning for your lodging for the 2009 R1/R6 Convention. So that we may keep all lodging posts, questions and issues in one location, let's use this thread for all lodging related conversations. I would like to keep this thread clear of general chit chat and off-topic conversations.

I will maintain this post with up to date information on who is looking for roommates and who has space. The official lodging location for the convention will be Fontana Village.

Official: Forums Conventions and events CHAT THREAD

OFFICIAL 2009 DEALS GAP: R1 / R6 Convention Thread:

R1-Forum

R6-Forum

Fontana Village Information:

(800)849-2258

Here is a link to see the Fontana's daily lodge & cabin rates:

We do get discounted rates for all lodge rooms and cabins. To get these rates, you MUST call Fontana Village and tell them you are with the Yamaha R1-Forum Group. Ask to speak with Debbie in reservations.

Book as early as possible. This event is getting bigger and bigger each and every year. I could see Fontana selling out well before the convention gets here. So don't wait... CALL THEM NOW!!!

One of the bigger reasons for this thread is a lot of us will be traveling solo or in small groups, but may still want to stay in the cabins so you are close to all the fun.

If you are looking for a roomie, or a room, or have space, post up in this thread. Please, let's try to stay predominantly on topic so we don't have folks going all over the place for lodging info.

So, post away with your questions and answers! This is going to be a great time!

If you are looking for roommates, or you are looking for a place to stay... PM kynetguy!

And please, keep off-topic chit chat to a minimum.

Lodging Availability

(800)849-2258

Sunday May 31 - Sunday June 7th

5 of 5 Available - Choice of 1 King or 2 Queens

1 of 1 Available - 1 King Bed

3 of 4 Available - 2 Bedroom/1 Bathroom (1Full 2Twin)

2 of 2 Available - 2 Bedroom/1 Bathroom (1Q 2Twin)

3 of 3 Available - 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom

0 of 4 - 3Bedroom/2 Bathroom/Fireplace (1K 1Full 2Twin)

Monday June 1 - Sunday June 7

1 of 1 Available - 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom

1 of 2 Available - 3 Bedroom/2 Bathroom/Fireplace (1K 1Full 2Twin)

Wednesday June 3 - Sunday June 7

1 of 1 Available - 1 King Bed

2 of 2 Available - 1 Bedroom/1 Bathroom

Azalea Cabin
2 of 2 Available -
(1Full 2Twin)

2 of 2 Available -
(1Full 2Twin 1Bunk)

Needs a Space

JDollaz (R1-Forum) (Wants a Bed)
Nevrmor (R1-Forum) (No preference)
jluna9657 (R6-Forum)
LS1_SE7EN (R6-Forum)

Has Space

Kynetguy/Tapcon (R1-Forum) (1 beds, couch and floor)

Last edited by DanQ; 03-08-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 08:44 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2003 YZF R6
Re: Official: 2009 R1/R6 Convention Lodging Thread

So I've never heard of this convention. Where can I learn more about it? Dates, times, events, etc.

I live in PA and according to google maps, an 11 hour drive. I'd be interested in going but that depends on when it will be.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:07 AM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
So I've never heard of this convention. Where can I learn more about it? Dates, times, events, etc.

I live in PA and according to google maps, an 11 hour drive. I'd be interested in going but that depends on when it will be.
The links are in his post.

Thanks Eric, first bottle of whiskey is on me at Fontana.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 09:56 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew View Post

Official: Forums Conventions and events CHAT THREAD (R1 Forum)

OFFICIAL 2009 DEALS GAP: R1 / R6 Convention Thread:

We several "family" members in your area. You should check it out. You might even be able to carpool.

"We need to find some straightaways so I can show you how straight I can ride." - Mr. Hooligan - 2008 Convention

RIP Chad GAWarrior my SO FAST SO CLEAN Georgia Brotha!
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
Forum Moderator

Bike: '03 Sliver R1'06 Raven R6
Re: Official: 2009 R1/R6 Deals Gap Convention Lodging Thread

Good job Eric. Let me know if you need anything.
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeeter View Post
Good job Eric. Let me know if you need anything.
Thanks man, I appreciate it!

"We need to find some straightaways so I can show you how straight I can ride." - Mr. Hooligan - 2008 Convention

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-03-2008, 07:04 AM
B4B

Bike: my bitch

this is gonna be a long wait till the time comes!

RIP Jason

R.I.P David

R.I.P Josh
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-05-2008, 05:56 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluna9657 View Post

this is gonna be a long wait till the time comes!
Yes, very much so. However, I do encourage people to secure space early. They will charge you 1 night rent for the reservation. That will be that much less you have to budget for later.

post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

How is everyone doing on Lodging? I am going to get an availability report Monday if work isn't crazy. Anyone needing space or have space?

I know we are still a little way out. I am just trying to stay as much on top of this as possible. Come Feb this thread will likely explode.

post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 11-01-2008, 08:53 PM
Yamaha Blue in any color

Bike: FZR-1K, R1, Vmax, R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynetguy View Post
How is everyone doing on Lodging? I am going to get an availability report Monday if work isn't crazy. Anyone needing space or have space?

I know we are still a little way out. I am just trying to stay as much on top of this as possible. Come Feb this thread will likely explode.
Actually probably before that. We have Shuckstack almost fully reserved, and they have told me they are taking calls, so it should shoot.

If it get's to a point you need a hand closer to the block closing, let me know.

Dan

CCS #598
91 FZR 1000
04 YZF-R1
05 YZF-R6 (track bike)
05 V-Max 0098/2000 20th Anniversary
04 Roadstar Warrior

TEAM: SO FAST SO CLEAN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in