Help my girlfriend size a jacket PLEASE! Tall/Skinny - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 08:07 AM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

Help my girlfriend size a jacket PLEASE! Tall/Skinny

So I am getting some protective gear for my girlfriend to ride on the back of my r6 and we are looking for a jacket. She is about 122 lb, 5ft 10in tall, and nothing fits. Every jacket has to be size XS so that its tight enough around her extremities so it won't twist the armor off her joints in the event of a crash, but wen she wears the XS it is almost above her belly button. What should I do? All the sizing charts don't even get to her height requirement by the XL size which looks ridiculous on her. Even jackets with a tall option only add 1-2" where I need an additional 5-6".

Any ideas would be much appreciated, just trying to keep her safe! Shes very eager to ride with me but I won't let her until shes protected.

Thanks!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 08:09 AM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Re: Help my girlfriend size a jacket PLEASE! Tall/Skinny

Post Pics of the girlfriend first.
modrid81 likes this.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 08:16 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post
Specifically the chest region so we can help determine the proper fit. Most accurate assessments require nudity.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
modrid81 and robbier6 like this.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:01 AM
IDGAF

Bike: 2014 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrJellyFingers View Post

modrid81 likes this.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM
Mr. HER6

Bike: 08 R6, 15 Ninja300

You're kind of out of luck. For some reason suit makers think that all skinny girls are midgets. My wife is an inch taller than that and she had the same problem. To make matters worse, the womens jackets are generally cut across right at the waist, unlike mens jackets which extend down further. Have her try on mens jackets too and see if you can find something that fits close enough to be functional. If it's not hot out she can try wearing something thick underneath to fill it in more. A nice thick back protector will also help with that.

At first my wife wore a women's Alpinestars that was all compromise... a little too loose, too high, and sleeves too short. It zipped to her leather pants so that wasn't too bad, and the cuff on her gloves still overlapped the sleeve. It was the best she could find off the rack, and worked enough that it was useable. Eventually we just shelled out for a custom suit, but I understand if that doesn't fit the budget for the occasional passenger.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 10:06 AM
My R6 eats EZpasses

Bike: Miss Kitty - 2009 WR250X

I agree with HisOwnR6.... the selection that is out there specifically for females sucks and a tall skinny girl is probably better off with men's gear if she has narrow hips and isn't too busty.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 10:28 AM
m3lover2

Bike: Trek Fuel 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorv View Post
I agree with HisOwnR6.... the selection that is out there specifically for females sucks and a tall skinny girl is probably better off with men's gear if she has narrow hips and isn't too busty.
We still need pics
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 03:17 PM
Original Member-Vendor

Bike: 2007 R6, 2005 CRF250r
Send a message via AIM to Agg2001 Send a message via MSN to Agg2001 Send a message via Yahoo to Agg2001

boom. right on queue!
Aleeex likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

High-end, AFFORDABLE, parts and accessories for your bike!

ALWAYS free shipping to the USA, with 1-3 day delivery times.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-22-2015, 03:31 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

I had to bring mine to a local store and have her try on different ones to get an idea of size.

Because I follow rules.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-25-2015, 04:17 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

fine fine

now help me find a jacket

Last edited by airy52; 07-25-2015 at 04:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in