crickets in here.. - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 08:49 AM Thread Starter
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

crickets in here..

Any other lady riders still holding it down???? New to the forum, just found this section. Hi from San Diego. Just picked up a matte black 2017. 1st R6, 1st 600, 3rd Yamaha, 5th motorcycle.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 08:58 AM
Views from the (R)6

Bike: 2015 Yamaha YZF-R6
Re: crickets in here..

The Matte Black is by far one of the most amazing colors for the 2017, congrats on joining the R6 club!
Yamsandjams likes this.
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Speeding is relative

Bike: YZF R6S

Nice and welcome to the R6-Forum. I've always found a lot of help here whenever I needed to do some repairs or mods. This is a great resource tool. Become familiar with the search tool, it'll save you so much grief when researching any issues that you need quick info on.

Ride safe.

Power Commander V, K & N Air Filter, K & N oil Filter, Flush mounted front signals, Smoked integrated rear turn signals / tail light, fender eliminator, EK-ZZZ 520 Chain, Sprockets (-1,+2): Vortex 15t & Vortex (Cat5)50t, LED light kit, Galfer SS Superlite brake lines- Front/Rear, Brembo RCS 19 MC, Evotech Aluminum reservoirs front/rear, Galfer 1375 brake pads

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zevzy View Post
The Matte Black is by far one of the most amazing colors for the 2017, congrats on joining the R6 club!
Thanks
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
We'll see how it looks after getting daily'd for a year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_09R6S View Post
Nice and welcome to the R6-Forum. I've always found a lot of help here whenever I needed to do some repairs or mods. This is a great resource tool. Become familiar with the search tool, it'll save you so much grief when researching any issues that you need quick info on.

Ride safe.
Thanks Chris--for sure, that's one plus for owning a popular bike, ample amounts of information. Have a Husqvarna i'm trying to get fixed and.....yeah. Troubles, troubles everywhere.
Zevzy likes this.

Last edited by Yamsandjams; 04-17-2018 at 12:57 PM.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-17-2018, 12:47 PM
nova r6

Bike: 05 r6 Camo/Orange

Did someone say lady R6 rider?

How you doing?

Yamsandjams likes this.

March 2014 Bike of the month

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And yes that is all duct tape LOL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 03:16 PM
nova r6

Man if these were the old days this thread would have been derailed 3 times and over 10 pages long. Anyhow welcome to the forum, Ive got a good friend that lives in san diego and she rides as well. She used to have an R6 now she has a supermoto

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 03:30 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdoss1980 View Post
Man if these were the old days this thread would have been derailed 3 times and over 10 pages long. Anyhow welcome to the forum, Ive got a good friend that lives in san diego and she rides as well. She used to have an R6 now she has a supermoto
what happened? I thought this would be a super active forum considering how popular these bikes are. Oh that's great, i love supermotos. Wish I knew more lady riders, only have 2 and they're not as maniacal as me
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-19-2018, 08:04 PM

Bike: R6 - 2008 // FZ09 - 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamsandjams View Post
what happened? I thought this would be a super active forum considering how popular these bikes are. Oh that's great, i love supermotos. Wish I knew more lady riders, only have 2 and they're not as maniacal as me
I have only been on here for a few but my impression is that bike specific forums are dead. Most people participate in local forums for rides and other stuff. I come here for tech related items and to try and grab the next great deal.
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 07:28 AM
nova r6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamsandjams View Post

The biggest reason in my opinion, is the rise of facebook groups. There was a slight down tick when the forum was bought by motorcycle.com group.
Yamsandjams likes this.

post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 04-21-2018, 08:31 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock

Yip. FB & Twit are "open" public forums. (We got a President that regularly participates on Russian time - 3AM Tweet here is a 10AM Tweet there LoL)

I've been a forum poster long before the internet began leaving dial-up and have been asked to help moderate a few forums. I've been through the rise and fall of several. All forums that experience heavy participation from a wide range of people have to deal with trolls. Poor, incorrect and/or abusive moderation can drive productive participants away. Using only myself as an example, this forum missed three years of productive participation (for example:
) due to incorrect and abusive moderation.

But as forums age, pretty much everything gets said and done. Searches take the place of actual participation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in