Hey Fellow LADIES Lets See Your BIKE!!!! - Page 48 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #471 of 475 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 06:56 AM
My R6 eats me.

Bike: 2007 R6
Re: Hey Fellow LADIES Lets See Your BIKE!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiepie View Post
My noble steed...

2008 R6. Brought it in 2011, 3 days later wrote it off. Whoops!

Rebuilt it, and rebuilt myself, to get back on it 7 months later the same year. So in love with this bike. And yes Im a short arse and have lowered it 2 inches.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Did lowering really alter your handling? Needing to maybe lower mine a couple inches as well (I'm 5'4") but hesitating to do so!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #472 of 475 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 07:08 AM
My R6 eats me.

My 07' beauty. Custom pearl white paint.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by nwilson24; 09-09-2014 at 07:15 AM. Reason: text
post #473 of 475 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 07:53 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilson24 View Post
Did lowering really alter your handling? Needing to maybe lower mine a couple inches as well (I'm 5'4") but hesitating to do so!!
Not likely she will respond since that post is mad old.

At 5'4" on an 07 you are in some tough territory. I usually suggest avoiding lowering, but if done properly, it can certainly make life easier and inspire confidence. Handling will be altered somewhat, but not to the point it rides like a Harley, and if you're street riding, you probably wont notice the bads but you'll certainly notice the goods.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #474 of 475 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 08:16 AM
My R6 eats me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Not likely she will respond since that post is mad old.

At 5'4" on an 07 you are in some tough territory. I usually suggest avoiding lowering, but if done properly, it can certainly make life easier and inspire confidence. Handling will be altered somewhat, but not to the point it rides like a Harley, and if you're street riding, you probably wont notice the bads but you'll certainly notice the goods.

Guess I didn't look @ the date. I wear workboots when I ride and it gives me that little bit of extra height but am still either one-footed at stops or tippy-toed when on both feet (makes it tough to back it up too). I feel like I would be a ton more comfortable with it a couple inches lower!! Would you suggest doing it yourself or having a pro do it?
post #475 of 475 (permalink) Old 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

The job isnt overly difficult, especially if you have front and rear stands. If you dont have stands or know someone who does, its probably a pro job. Also, you will need someone with some size/strength to do the rear link as you will need to remove the old ones, and if you have a stock exhaust, this will suck large testicles, as the exhaust is in the way of the bolts. I did both ends myself with a lowering link and sliding the forks up for my wife (5'4" also), but I am also pretty good size and strong enough to move/lift the bike when I need.

Cliffs: Its not difficult, conceptually, but physically it is, especially if you are smaller, alone, and/or dont have the right tools. If any or all of those apply, find a pro or a shop or someone in your area that can help.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in