Akrapovic or Graves Slip-on Exhaust - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 02:26 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

Bike: 2008 R6
Re: Akrapovic or Graves Slip-on Exhaust

Kudos on the purchase with STG. I went with Solomotoparts for the all carbon can. They gave me a price match on the item. You are on the money with cost though. I paid right around $40.00 more for mine.
I was stuck between the two until I saw the Akra 'all' carbon design.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalR6_2009 View Post
I just got the Akrapovic slip-on, and I can tell you that it is pure sex. It is very well built and not to mention flows with the lines of the bike really well. I am absolutely satisfied with it. Regarding the noise, it sounds a little deeper across the rev range. IMO. Not gonna be much of difference since most of the sound suppression is done underneath the bike, where all the cats are located. Just a little observation, the body of the can is carbon fiber, but then painted black. Anyway, here is some eye candy.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Thanks for the advice and photo.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-21-2010, 07:27 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

The project continues. Black out the rear sets and kick stand. Get them them powder coated or replace them............decisions, decisions, decisions.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-22-2010, 02:16 PM
Rider in training

Bike: 2009 R6S

Lookin good.. how do you like the Akra so far? I've only got about 30 miles under my belt with it so far on my R6S but I'm loving it... to bad it's raining by me now and they're not callin for a nice day until Thursday =( I wanna hear my Akra roar!!!

2009 R6S Blue/Black
2007 Mustang GT Alloy Clearcoat Metalic
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-23-2010, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

So far so good. Doesn't have as much deep rumble as I had hoped for (silencer removed) but, it does cause the bike to respond differently. To the good that is. Ran it for about 6 hours the other day (my thighs are paying for it today). Mishima to Odawara to Yokohama came back down, cut through Atsugi then down to Atami, then Ito and back to Mishima.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in