Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Tires - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2010, 02:38 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

Bike: 2008 R6
Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Tires

Can anyone out there give me a real non commercial review of the new M5 tires. All the info on the web is too one sided. I am running the 08-R6 stock Dunlops' now and they suck in wet conditions. Looking to change them out after my next track day.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-20-2010, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

Re: Metzeler Sportec M5 Interact Tires

Looking for real world feedback, not some company pushing a product.

'Another one of the tiresí major pluses is just how well the tires complement the handling attributes of each of the motorcycles we rode. From turn-in through corner apex as well as picking the bike up and accelerating off of the corner, the tires deliver a fair amount of feedback compared to other everyday makes. This allows you to get comfortable with the handling attributes of the motorcycle and ultimately ride faster with confidence.

The single aspect that we learned the most about was just how good the Interacts are in the wet. By the end of our second 20-minute session rain began falling sporadically on various sections of the track. This is without a doubt the single sketchiest riding situation because one part of the circuit is completely dry while other parts would be damp. But even these conditions didnít cause much concern as long as you were smooth with the controls and refrained from any ham-fisted maneuvers. Later on, the rain started to pour down everywhere, soaking the track. Grip from the tires wasnít quite high enough to get a knee down with both tires squirming once a certain lean threshold was reached. However, traction while the bike was straight up and down was first-rate with the bike still able to wheelie on certain parts of the track. '

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 12:38 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 R6 Orange
Send a message via MSN to budboarder

Im thinking of getting these too. Anyone have them already and can chime in?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 01:27 PM
Just another r6'er

Bike: 10 Ducati Streetfighter S

i'm buying them i think... for street driving, rains here a lot, and there are no tracks... Yeah, i know... whatta waist
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-01-2010, 06:02 PM
Just lean harder...

Bike: 07 R6s

I went from the stock tires to M3's at 7000 miles then went to the M5's at 17000 miles, I have about 1500 on the M5 now and I love it. The wet traction feels really confident. I still have the M3 up front but plan on going to the m5 up there too. I highly recommend them.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

Thanks for the responses guys. I'll let you know more after I burn up these Dunlops!

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

I have an m5 rear on my commuter and its a decent tire, though I prefer my 003rs tires on my track bike.... The sportecs have always been great tires that I feel have been underrated.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 02:47 PM
Hey Guy

Bike: Stolen

Bridgestone FTW.

[B]

post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTMendenhall View Post
Bridgestone FTW.
certainly my first choice....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

however the dragtec is legit at the strip

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-09-2010, 12:10 AM Thread Starter
Google me Baby!!!

The guys in Okinawa have been having a hard time with the coral based asphalt and here on the mainland (my area) a lot on mountain riding on slightly better roads. Still considered more slippery than stateside riding.

08 R6
99 Toyota Altezza

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in