Okinawa - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-28-2007, 06:59 PM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

Bike: 2006 R6
Re: Okinawa

Yea, the roads are slick as shit here, if it rains they are like Ice. You don NOT want to get stuck out in the rain. Most of the Okinawan/Japanese don't like sport bikes too much as they are all in to the naked bike thing, but the population of sport bikes is definitely on the rise.

Remixx02, be sure to send your bike in your household goods, but you will have to pay about 2k ish to run it threw gas testing before they will let your register it. Or you can sell it and get a 07 R6 for about 10K that has been imported from Canada. That is the out the door price with all of the importation crap taken care of. You will have to do some importation stuff to bring it back to the USA with you when your tour ends.

Rainking32, I'm thinking of going for a little run up north here in a few, if your not doing anything and wanna shoot up that way shoot me a PM..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 10:24 AM
Do Work, Son!

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven

Damn, 10 K US Dollars?

I was thinking about buying a few while I was over there.

But if an R6 will run you $10,000; F**k that!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 02:25 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Bike: 07" Candy Red R6
Send a message via AIM to tooshezze Send a message via MSN to tooshezze Send a message via Yahoo to tooshezze

Well Remixx02 I got to Okinawa in Jan. 06" and almost everything is higher, But I do find good deals on stuff a lot too

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Candy Red R6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MODS

Revalved & Resprung Suspension by PPS Suspension

XenonExpert 5K HID Lo/Hi - Proton Flushmounts - CA Integ. Taillight - VFX Pivot Kit Fender Eliminator

post #14 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

Bike: 2006 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remixx02
Damn, 10 K US Dollars?

I was thinking about buying a few while I was over there.

But if an R6 will run you $10,000; F**k that!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
You have to remember that the R6 is not made or sold in Japan. The only way to get one here is to Import it from Canida, so you have shipping costs + emissions testing costs added on to the price. So 10k to have a new R6 in Japan isn't a bad deal. If you buy one new in the USA, ship it free with your house goods threw the military and then pay the 2k ish for the emissions testing you will still end up over 10k. Unless that is you get a good deal on a used one before you leave..
post #15 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:38 PM
Do Work, Son!

What makes of motorcycles are made or sold in Japan?
post #16 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 05:52 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Send a message via AIM to tooshezze Send a message via MSN to tooshezze Send a message via Yahoo to tooshezze

I have looked at many shops and they sell all the major brands and models: Aprilla, Suzuki, Honda , Yamaha , and Kawasaki plus all the popular sportbike models basically every model you would see in the U.S. here is a website to check out for just info about okinawa.

and check out the classifieds you will what everyone means about 10K being a good deal

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

XenonExpert 5K HID Lo/Hi - Proton Flushmounts - CA Integ. Taillight - VFX Pivot Kit Fender Eliminator
post #17 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:24 PM
Do Work, Son!

Wow, from the sound of it then, Japan is not the right place for motorcycles.

I have asked some of my Marines who have been stationed in Okinawa about bikes and they've said they were so easy to find and cheap.

I honestly might want to be looking for orders elsewhere.
post #18 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

They are easy to find and you can get them cheap but you have to shop around. A lot of the deals your buddys are talking about are from people selling there bikes which is most of the time the best deal. I just saw a 01" R1 sell for around 3800 even though he wanted 4600.00 a lot of people wait til 3 weeks before there tour is over and wait to get all the documents taken care of and then its to late because they never found out exactly what they needed to bring it back which is hardly nothing.

I also have seen a guy, buy a bike thinking it was a US model. Then was told it was, got ready to bring it bake with him and it was a Euro spec.
It was his fault though, he should have contacted Yamaha USA and had them check the VIN to see if it was actually a US Spec bike.

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

post #19 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Super Mod

Bike: 04 BLUE R6 bitches!

lol! doh ^

post #20 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-29-2007, 07:07 PM
Do Work, Son!

And I thought I was going to get a good deal on a new R1 while I was over there. Pretty disappointing.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in