Okinawa - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

Bike: 2006 R6
Re: Okinawa

New R1 will run you about 12.5-13k... They are also all imported... The good thing about Okinawa is that you can ride all year round for the most part so you will get to ride a lot. You can find deals on bikes that are around 3 or more years old, but your going to pay for new. There are a couple of used 05 R1's here going for 10k, but for that price your better off getting the new R6. If you just want to ride then I'm sure you will find something to ride for less $.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 125 (permalink) Old 04-30-2007, 05:23 PM
Do Work, Son!

Bike: 2005 R6 Raven

That's what I want, a 2005 R1 Raven.

Good thing I found this out now and not when I didn't have a chance to change my orders.

I honestly might just go on deployment and when I come back, I can buy the bike and car I want.
post #23 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-01-2007, 02:02 AM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

Okinawa is a nice place to be.. kinda sucks for the Marines, but if they stay out of trouble it's great. Not sure how old you are or if your married, but most people love it here. Then there are always the ones that don't like it as well. If your single and you like asian women then this is the place to be..

post #24 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Montani Semper Liberi

Bike: '02 R6
Send a message via AIM to rainking32 Send a message via Yahoo to rainking32

Yeah, it probably isn't the best idea to come here married. I heard a rumor that the divorce rate at Kadena was around 75%. I know it is in my squadron. People just seem to come here and go crazy. If you are single, I'd say hell ya!

The weather has been great the past couple days. I took a nice little 2 hour trip up 330 and 329 yesterday. Jumped on the expressway and back down before I had class. To bad I have to work this weekend.

When we going up north Dragon06R6? You have to show me the good roads to ride here!
post #25 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-10-2007, 10:29 PM
Just learning

I am also stationed out here in Oki...I came to this site mostly looking for information on the R6, a buddy told me it was good bike and I am looking into getting one once I return to the states back in Cali. How long has everyone else here been on Oki? I myself have been on this island since June of 05
post #26 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

I propose a run to Okuma on Saturday morning. We can meet at Kina Koen park as usual at 10am then run up to Okuma and eat lunch and head back or continue on depending on what everyone is feeling like. So far it's looking like a 0% chance of rain.

Anyone that doesn't know where the park is give me a call at around 9am @ 090.7293.7691 and I'll give you directions.

Rainking you need to answer your damn cell phone
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

BNixon, I've been here since 1994 and I can speak Japanese. If you need any help finding a bike give me a call...

Chris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #27 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-11-2007, 09:01 PM
Just learning

Hey Chris, I don't think I plan on getting a bike out here unless I could somehow TMO the thing back to the states with me....I should be leaving in August. I have heard the the R6 is a good starter bike.
post #28 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 12:57 AM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

I wouldn't really say it's a good starter bike.... A Bandit or some other regular street bike in the under 750cc range is a good starter bike. The R6 is fully capable of chewing you up and spitting you out.

On another note, I ran in to a Navy guy with a 2005 R1 (blue) with 3000 miles on it. It is a US model with title. He want's 8k for it, but it hasn't been threw the Japanese emissions testing yet.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #29 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 01:11 AM
My tail light=all you see

Bike: 2007 R6 red/blk
Send a message via AIM to YamaR6chica

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon06R6
Any one here other than me living in Okinawa Japan?
I might be visiting Okinawa in August/September.

“Warning: Objects in mirror are disappearing rapidly.”
Kaily-Umbrella GirlsUSA
post #30 of 125 (permalink) Old 05-12-2007, 01:30 AM Thread Starter
Freedom isn't Free...

Since you'll be in Japan you should try to hit up the Moto GP race at motegi circuit on the 23rd of Sept... I'm going to attempt to attend myself, just figuring out all the costs. What's the purpose of your visiting Okinawa?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in