Oki Tires - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 10-31-2007, 11:01 PM Thread Starter

Oki Tires

What tires are you guys running on these coral roads here on Oki?

I'm running Pirelli Diablos at the moment. I'm wondering if I need a change or if its something else, like my suspension or coral dust out on Ikei. I'm noticing a little bit of squirrely movement in turns every now and then. I'm only hitting 55 to 65 or 70 klics, depending on the turn. The roads out there are narrow and the drivers love to target fixate me.

What do you guys think?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-01-2007, 02:48 AM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Bike: 07" Candy Red R6
Send a message via AIM to tooshezze Send a message via MSN to tooshezze Send a message via Yahoo to tooshezze
Re: Oki Tires

First off Diablos are replacement OEM tires for certain bike companys like Honda I would step up to the Corsa III's or try the pilot powers thats what everyone on island seems to be running

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2007 Candy Red R6
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MODS

Revalved & Resprung Suspension by PPS Suspension

XenonExpert 5K HID Lo/Hi - Proton Flushmounts - CA Integ. Taillight - VFX Pivot Kit Fender Eliminator
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 03:35 PM Thread Starter

I decided to snag a set of the pilot powers. Good thing too. I noticed that I must have picked up a nail in my rear tire on a run up north on Tuesday. Looks like I was time to change anyways! Luckily, I go get my new ones today.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 05:05 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Send a message via AIM to tooshezze Send a message via MSN to tooshezze Send a message via Yahoo to tooshezze

sounds good have fun

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

XenonExpert 5K HID Lo/Hi - Proton Flushmounts - CA Integ. Taillight - VFX Pivot Kit Fender Eliminator
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 08:56 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Also if you didn't know theres a bike night every thursday at starbucks @ 7:30 PM and thats the starbucks on 58 in front of Camp Lester Gate

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:42 PM Thread Starter

Nope, had no clue. To bad I gotta work tonight, or I'd be there. I should be able to make it next week though.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:43 PM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Not just sportbikes either we have Harleys and everything else out there too

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 04:16 AM Thread Starter

Cool, most of the people that I know who ride, ride Harleys. I'll let them know too. Hopefully I'll be able to make it next week. I have the night off, right now at least, and the guy I'm covering for should be back.

Its hard to find anyone to ride with because of my schedule. It seems like everytime I think I'll have some time to plan a trip with someone, I get called into work, or something happens with theirs. Dragon (Chris) and I tried to match our schedules up for awhile, but it kept falling through. Usually I just have to take off by myself, since I'm on nights right now and ride when most people are at work. That probably isn't the best situation if something were to happen. Especially up north. Some of those roads don't seem to have much traffic.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
Rootabaker da R6 King

Yeah I was out there Thursday didn't see you out there, but hopefully you will be able to make it some time. We also have people from O.S.B and F.B.I out there......

I work on the weekends and I'm off tuesdays - thursdays so if you want to ride hit me up.

2007 Candy Red R6

MODS

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

Yeah, sorry about that. I grabbed my stuff, started to head out the door and the wife vetoed the idea of me going out for a ride that night. Can't say I blame her. I hadn't had a day off to spend with her in a couple weeks. You know what they say about keeping Momma happy.

Anyways, I have to work this Thursday, but I might be able to talk my boss into letting me slip away for a few. Theres a few guys that I work with that ride, including my boss. Maybe I can convince them to come along!

As far as a ride, I have to work Wednesday night, but do you want to head out for a couple hours in the morning? Maybe around 8 or 9 while its still cool out?

A friend of mine is trying to get me to join F.B.I. You might know him. His name is Chris, and he rides a new Gixxer liter bike. I think its the charcoal/greyish silverish paint scheme. I don't know to much about them, except they are a pretty new club, but if they ride like O.S.B, I'm not sure thats my thing. Those guys are good, but Jesus, some of the stuff I've seen them do is pretty squidly.

Let me know about that ride though.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in