LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2014, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Torn 1320 vs turning

Bike: 08 r6
Re: Can't launch a 600 for the life of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
Whoa, that 60'....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You need to feed that bitch some gas and work that clutch homeslice! Launch at like 12k and judiciously let the clutch out! Dont dump it, but 2.0 60's are all bad.
You don't say lol. It's my clutch work for sure I know I'm at fault. Very different for me. First time ever at a drag strip with launch control and boost. Don't ask why I can't launch a 6. I have zero issues leaving on the drag bike gtx35r busa. Idk maybe it's the magic launch control and traction control on that cool gold box
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	196634  

Last edited by Kreionic; 04-15-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreionic View Post
You don't say lol. It's my clutch work for sure I know I'm at fault. Very different for me. First time ever at a drag strip with launch control and boost. Don't ask why I can't launch a 6. I have zero issues leaving on the drag bike gtx35r busa. Idk maybe it's the magic launch control and traction control on that cool gold box
Yeah, any asshole can work a drag bike with a launch, two step, and a bar, especially with a slider/lockup. Working a 6 off the line with the left and right hand is an art, and its all in practice. Especially when it comes time to cut a light.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:00 PM
Official Noob Greeter

And delay boxes are bullshit.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven
Talking Re: Can't launch a 600 for the life of me

Quote:
Ok here are the break of 2 slips. Not sure if you guys are ready for these 60ft times lol

60ft-2.12

60-2.03
lol... if it makes you feel any worse my daily driver dakota can cut a 1.9 60' and its a 5 speed.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:01 PM Thread Starter
Torn 1320 vs turning

I guess to a point. Like I said I'm a circuit guy I was just bored and seeing what she could do. I will take it again to get better at launching but nothing to serious. IMO not meant really for the strip anyway feel much better home on a circuit. Don't have an event till this weekend at summit point and wanted to take her out for some fun
Old 04-15-2014, 03:02 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: r6 w/turbo R1 engine O_o

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
you got great et & mph. Im betting with a few minor tweaks you can get to 135. Few more psi in the front... shallow stage.
I'm definitely losing some weight this year too. I bought a spare wheel to switch out when I go to the track, a lighter rear tire (shinko hook up), aluminum sprocket instead of steel, agg racing titanium sprocket nuts, lightweight rear rotor, and a lightweight battery.

I'm also adding a lowering strap, quick shifter, any anything else I find to blow my money on.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:04 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared r6 View Post
I'm definitely losing some weight this year too. I bought a spare wheel to switch out when I go to the track, a lighter rear tire (shinko hook up), aluminum sprocket instead of steel, agg racing titanium sprocket nuts, lightweight rear rotor, and a lightweight battery.

I'm also adding a lowering strap, quick shifter, any anything else I find to blow my money on.
That hookup is legit. We've run it for a bit now and NEVER had it slip. The test will be on saturday though.... All of those are great mods to start, but air shift is going to be better than quick shift.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:06 PM Thread Starter
Torn 1320 vs turning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
lol... if it makes you feel any worse my daily driver dakota can cut a 1.9 60' and its a 5 speed.
Believe me I know there shitty 60. No argument there

Quote:
Originally Posted by redisdeadrideblue View Post
And delay boxes are bullshit.
Who said anything about a delay box? Hope your not thinking the gold box in the drag bike is a delay box
Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
what kinda MPH does that barge clock?

Used to do alot of street racing on a stock wheel base bike. Was fun getting laughed at for riding a "shortie"... much to some riders chagrin.
Old 04-15-2014, 03:19 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Believe me I know there shitty 60. No argument there

Who said anything about a delay box? Hope your not thinking the gold box in the drag bike is a delay box
I was soap boxing. I know its not a delay box.
We've spent a little bit of time drag racing..... exclusively 600s. Well, 600s, 636s, and now a 674...

Practice practice practice!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in