Can't launch a 600 for the life of me - Page 5 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:59 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius
Re: Can't launch a 600 for the life of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared r6 View Post
I know air shift is best, but can't afford it right now. I'm most likely going to pre-load the shifter and use the horn button for the engine kill with my PCIII if I can get that setup to work. It was still snowing up here yesterday so I've got some time to figure it out lol.

I've been following your build thread and can't wait for the track results!
I think you can just get the MPS stutter box and just not hook it up to an air shift solenoid. You'll still be able to horn stutter it, and be able to add the shifter later, youll just have to set your kill time pretty high. You could even get the auto stutter box and just preload the shifter, but that's kinda asking for trouble if you ask me. The auto stutter box does work great though, you just have to halve the rpm number to figure out your pill number.

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-18-2014, 10:25 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: Yamaha R6

11.2 isn't that bad for a 600. The best I ever did on my gsxr 600 was an 11.0. I feel like I could go a tad bit quicker on the R6, but I don't want to bake the clutch practicing at the dragstrip. I'm a roadracer, so having the best launch ain't gonna help me if I can't figure out how to go fast in the corners.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

WMRRA #95

post #43 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-20-2014, 04:50 PM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefreak View Post
11.2 isn't that bad for a 600. The best I ever did on my gsxr 600 was an 11.0. I feel like I could go a tad bit quicker on the R6, but I don't want to bake the clutch practicing at the dragstrip. I'm a roadracer, so having the best launch ain't gonna help me if I can't figure out how to go fast in the corners.
Unless you are some kinda corner speed prodigy... getting left on the grid aint gona help your racecraft either.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #44 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 03:56 PM
Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!

Bike: Yamaha R6

11.0 on a bone stock 600 is not gonna leave you high and dry on the grid at all.

WMRRA #95

post #45 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 04:01 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
Unless you are some kinda corner speed prodigy... getting left on the grid aint gona help your racecraft either.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

. A lot of races out this way are won from the front, like all of them.
. Better to be out front from the start than to fight through the pack ... And the locals aren't slow on their launches...

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

post #46 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:45 AM
Why yes I don't!!!!!!!!!!

Bike: 2007 In Heaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by racefreak View Post
11.0 on a bone stock 600 is not gonna leave you high and dry on the grid at all.
Youre correct... but if you can only claim that # if you can run that each & every time, right off the trailer.
I hear guys saying "I run X:xx lap-time time at X track" but when you look at their race record, they ran that claimed PB once in a low turnout grid with ideal conditions.
There are guys that can run out laps 2-4 seconds faster than my flying lap PB.

Also look at a race where the top 5 are within a second of each other... total race times being super close.
post #47 of 47 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 07:47 AM
Official Noob Greeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboBlew View Post
Youre correct... but if you can only claim that # if you can run that each & every time, right off the trailer.
I hear guys saying "I run X:xx lap-time time at X track" but when you look at their race record, they ran that claimed PB once in a low turnout grid with ideal conditions.
There are guys that can run out laps 2-4 seconds faster than my flying lap PB.

Also look at a race where the top 5 are within a second of each other... total race times being super close.

Average lap times speak more than PBs to me.... Everyone has a good day once in a while..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in