best way for noob to learn a wheelie? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:17 PM
Ya wheelies is garbage!

Bike: 03 R6
Re: best way for noob to learn a wheelie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03r6Silver View Post
i have a group of friends that stunt, and have been stuntin for a few years now. and they all say the same thing. if your going to to wheelies and shit then do them on a bike you can beat on. dont go around liftin ur front end up to be impressing people because your gonna do it at the wrong time not thinkin bout the enviroment your on such as a bit of hidden gravel,cracked road,bumpy road etc etc. all thats gonna happen then is your gonna eat shit and wreck yourself.

but its your life. just my .02 so i say grab that clutch goose it be in a controlled enviroment and enjoy urself.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you want to learn wheelies and or stunt on your bike, you better be prepared to spend the money to fix it.

If you just want to learn to wheelie, just go get you a 50 or a small dirtbike, or find someone with a wheelie machine and go try that out.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
If you want to stunt just get you a damn stunt bike and go to town.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Official Noob Greeter

Bike: stupid ones and a Prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~03~Raven View Post

If you want to learn wheelies and or stunt on your bike, you better be prepared to spend the money to fix it.

If you just want to learn to wheelie, just go get you a 50 or a small dirtbike, or find someone with a wheelie machine and go try that out.
If you want to stunt just get you a damn stunt bike and go to town.
words of wisdom.... dirt bike or stunt bike...and be prepared to pay, both in money and skin

When you want to win, when there is no substitute for the best, when you don't want to feel the sting of second place, you really only have one place to turn.

EDR Performance, because their fast is faster than everyone else's

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Ice cream

noone has said it already wow... Yut Uhh.

post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 01:41 PM
jeg
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 r6
Send a message via MSN to jeg

lol damn i actually remembered that when i was having lunch.... YUT...... not worth it anymore you already beat me to it
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 01:50 PM
I eat my R6

people keep sayin go get a dirt bike but i dont think that will help. I ride all the time. i can ride a wheelie for miles on just about any dirtbike but i too have trouble on my 6. So the dirtbike theory may not be for every one! hasnt helped me any
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Night Riderz

Bike: 2000 R6, 2006 R6

practice on a dirtbike 1st
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-07-2010, 01:57 PM
Ya wheelies is garbage!

Bike: 03 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_R6 View Post
people keep sayin go get a dirt bike but i dont think that will help. I ride all the time. i can ride a wheelie for miles on just about any dirtbike but i too have trouble on my 6. So the dirtbike theory may not be for every one! hasnt helped me any
But at least you understand what goes into it and would have a better chance at knowing how you should react when something happens. You gotta know how to do a wheelie to do a wheelie, and learning how usually involves a few wrecks. Dirtbike would be better because it would teach them how to do wheelies and how to control them, if they wreck they won't be going as fast, hopefully won't get hurt as bad, and it won't cost as much to fix the bike. Then you can transfer what you learn from the dirtbike to the street bike. Not like you can go from killing it on the dirtbike to the R6 overnight, there is still a learning curver but you have removed all the "OH SHIT, OH SHIT, what the hell do I do?"-WRECK, from the situation for the most part. You could still wreck but the chances of you knowing how to react and save it are much greater if you know the basics and have them down.

post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 03:10 PM
EMT/FF/Rider

Bike: '00 R6, '03 Track R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_R6 View Post
i tried learnin today.. i think im just too damn big to get a R6 up...
im 6'3'' and 200lbs and i can get th bike up now. it is abut knowing your bike and not being afraid to give it a little throttle. if you need help and cant get it pm me
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 03:25 PM
EMT/FF/Rider

Bike: '00 R6, '03 Track R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon_R6 View Post
im 6'3'' and 200lbs and i can get th bike up now. it is abut knowing your bike and not being afraid to give it a little throttle. if you need help and cant get it pm me

By the way, that's my first photo'd wheelie, did a little better later on but the gf had a crap camera and bad timing
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 04:18 PM
jeg
I eat my R6

Bike: 2009 r6
Send a message via MSN to jeg

lol is it me or does the angle of the camera make it look like your leaning sideways.... we should hit up that road you were saying and see if we can get a pic of side by side wheelie....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in