The Panty Dropper? - Page 3 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 1000 (permalink) Old 05-31-2011, 10:35 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 09 street, 09 stunt
Re: The Panty Dropper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~03~Raven View Post
He's asking because he has a 3rd gen stunt piece. So he's got all that fly by wire stuff and no idle screw for easy adjustment like ours. They have to rig theirs some how, and how I have no clue. So one good thing about a 2nd gen.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
HAHAHA, yes you hit the nail on the head... I figured out a way but I have to adjust it each time I start the bike...SUCKS, but for now it's all I got, as soon as I got time im going too try a new approach, you guys and your idle screws SUCKKK!!! JK !
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfs32 View Post
Hit some cornors at 100+ and the Armour All will just melt off....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 1000 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
Stunt Rider

Bike: R6/R1 Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESE View Post
HAHAHA, yes you hit the nail on the head... I figured out a way but I have to adjust it each time I start the bike...SUCKS, but for now it's all I got, as soon as I got time im going too try a new approach, you guys and your idle screws SUCKKK!!! JK !
U still buying my 15/50t 520 setup?
post #23 of 1000 (permalink) Old 06-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Humble Beginnings...

Bike: 2007 YZF-R6 RaVeN
Send a message via MSN to BLood RaVeN

The right side tank looks like it came out a little better than the left. But, then again in this case it's not about how it looks. I look forward to seeing some sick stunt vids from you bro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"No Name is Triumphant, without first having faced Adversity"

post #24 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-06-2011, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Stunt Rider

Hey everyone, I'm having two issues with my bike.

1. If I run the bike hard, "rpms over 9k" my bike with idle like shit. Normal, slow ass riding and the bike is fine. And after every wheelie the bike wants to die.

2. Radiator fan won't kick on at 220. I've already tested the fan and it works. Also filled my radiator completely.

Recommendations.
post #25 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-09-2011, 09:43 PM
Ya wheelies is garbage!

Bike: 03 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridick_bowen View Post
Hey everyone, I'm having two issues with my bike.

1. If I run the bike hard, "rpms over 9k" my bike with idle like shit. Normal, slow ass riding and the bike is fine. And after every wheelie the bike wants to die.

2. Radiator fan won't kick on at 220. I've already tested the fan and it works. Also filled my radiator completely.

Recommendations.
Have you checked to make sure there aren't any kinks or binding going on with the fuel lines under the tank? I would make sure the lines are routed good. Then check things like plugs, coils and TBs. Oh oh and check your TPS, mine was doing weird shit like when you woudl clutch it up it would want to bog and die like something with the fuel pump. TPS was acting up. If the TPS shows in DIAG it's fluctuating end point values when turning the throttle it is either bad or has a loose connection. Check the grounds, the TPS connector and the main harness connector. If it's hanging up on a value take the TPS off and turn it with a screw driver if you can feel gritty resistance then remove the oring and spray it out good with some electrical contact cleaner and rotate it back and worth between sprays. Also sort out your radiator fan issue first and bleed the system if you get a lot of air in it it can make the bike idle and run funky.

As for the radiator fan, do you have yours bypassed to a toggle? If so what did you connect it to as the power feed? Mine is bypassed to the headlight switch so low beam the fan is only on and highbeam the fan and the acerbis headlight is on. If I blow my cluster/headlight fuse the fan won't turn on. So if you connected it to some accessory that fuse might have blown. If not that then the relay is probably bad. If you don't have your fan toggled or on constantly you should do it. Bike will run super cool.

post #26 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
Stunt Rider

Radiator Fan:

Fcuking bitch! I was double check my shit last night. And noticed another busted fuse so I swap it and voila the mutherfcuking fan works. This is the second time I have changed it so I've definitely got a short somewhere.

I also checked my radiator relay and cleaned that biitch up. There was rust all over it.

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #27 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 11:33 AM Thread Starter
Stunt Rider

Quote:
Have you checked to make sure there aren't any kinks or binding going on with the fuel lines under the tank? I would make sure the lines are routed good. Then check things like plugs, coils and TBs. Oh oh and check your TPS, mine was doing weird shit like when you woudl clutch it up it would want to bog and die like something with the fuel pump. TPS was acting up. If the TPS shows in DIAG it's fluctuating end point values when turning the throttle it is either bad or has a loose connection. Check the grounds, the TPS connector and the main harness connector. If it's hanging up on a value take the TPS off and turn it with a screw driver if you can feel gritty resistance then remove the oring and spray it out good with some electrical contact cleaner and rotate it back and worth between sprays. Also sort out your radiator fan issue first and bleed the system if you get a lot of air in it it can make the bike idle and run funky.

As for the radiator fan, do you have yours bypassed to a toggle? If so what did you connect it to as the power feed? Mine is bypassed to the headlight switch so low beam the fan is only on and highbeam the fan and the acerbis headlight is on. If I blow my cluster/headlight fuse the fan won't turn on. So if you connected it to some accessory that fuse might have blown. If not that then the relay is probably bad. If you don't have your fan toggled or on constantly you should do it. Bike will run super cool.
I tried cleaning my TPS but stripped the "F"ing torx screws so I've kind fcuked myself here.

R6/R1 hybrid
Zeus Armor crash cage, sub-cage, stunt stay, subframe brace, R1 rectifier mod. ATC steel subframe & ATC 12 bar. Runman big rotor HB setup with r6 monoblock calipers. Stunter-X res clamp hose kit. Dented gas tank with HT moto grip. Kleen air mod. GPR V1 steering damper. Brembo RCS 19. SS brake lines. BMC air filter. ATC adjustable clip ons. Brembo 16x18 HB. 05 R1 front forks. 06 FZ-6 rear rotor. NGK plugs. DCP radiator cage. LP gas cap. Secondary radiator fan switch setup. HT Moto Rear Seat. Leo Vince CBR 250 exhaust. Naarden shark fin. 14/54t 520 gearing. Intergrated rear turn signals. Engine Ice. Shaved wind screen.
post #28 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-13-2011, 07:18 PM
Ya wheelies is garbage!

Quote:
I tried cleaning my TPS but stripped the "F"ing torx screws so I've kind fcuked myself here.
Just go to ace hardware or something and get some new ones but just allen head.

post #29 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 10:04 AM Thread Starter
Stunt Rider

Quote:
Just go to ace hardware or something and get some new ones but just allen head.
Good idea!

You happen to know if I can do a direct swap 03 single fan to 05 dual fan? Or are the hoses different?

If not, think it is possible to mount another ran to my 03 and hard wire it to run constant?

R6/R1 hybrid
post #30 of 1000 (permalink) Old 09-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Ya wheelies is garbage!

Quote:
Good idea!

You happen to know if I can do a direct swap 03 single fan to 05 dual fan? Or are the hoses different?

If not, think it is possible to mount another ran to my 03 and hard wire it to run constant?
Only the '05 rad has the dual mounts, but yes it will mount to the '03. You could remove the fan and replace it on the 03 and hardwire. Or you could get an '05 and run dual. Just whatever. My single fan is hardwired and run constantly. Though it hooked up through the light toggle so it runs at a higher speed when on low beams, then high beams the headlight and fan are on but the headlight turning on makes the fan slow down.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in