First wheelie - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 06:48 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

First wheelie

i know its probably an old memory for all of you guys here, but i did my first power wheelie today. i was rolling at maybe 10mph, ripped the throttle open, hoping to lift the bike up. Disappointment followed, until i hit close to 10k rpm, and it suddenly popped up on me. not far, but the foot and a half it did was more than enough to make my whole day, 2007 r6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 09:17 PM
r/6
My R6 eats me.

Nice congrats. Where you in 1st gear? And you what rev the rpms while holding the clutch then just let it go as fast as you can without the engine turning off?
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:34 AM
Touchdown!

Bike: 2012 R6
Send a message via Skype™ to Straight Success
Re: First wheelie

Nice. This happens to me on a regular basis if I'm in first while I hit WOT in the powerband. It usually occurs at < 8k rpms. It's almost always certain between 11k - 13k. I've gotten used to it. Yesterday I probably got the front wheel about 2' off the ground on a power wheelie at about 12k.

Chillin'... while the Lord watches over me!

I love my R6, but...there's no buts...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 07:44 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 Yamaha YZF-R6s Stock
Re: First wheelie

Did the pw by accident in 2nd. 80 in a 35. Whoops. This was maybe the first year of ownership. This is yet another one of those annoying traffic-light-to-sit-to-traffic-light-to-sit down a main road just to watch two or three cars pass an intersection. I knew there was no way I'd make the next but thought I fool around just a bit, but nothing crazy. Tried to take off from a traffic light without enough throttle and stalled it... trying to be too gentle on the take off. Line of traffic behind me I was a little annoyed so when I cranked it back up (hearing the guy in the car next to me snicker) and took off, I dropped the gentle. Didn't WOT but it was enough to gently (and unexpectedly) bring my handle bars up to my shoulders. I just held it steady and it just as gently set the front wheel back down. By the time I got out of it and looked down, it said 80. Whoops. Yeah that's fool'n around more than just a bit. Didn't do that again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in