How-To: Stunt - Page 2 - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 82 (permalink) Old 08-09-2008, 01:09 PM

Re: How-To: Stunt

Stuntin is my passion now! I used to love the twisties but now its all about the Stunts.. as for the rolling Endos.. i got those down pretty good.. Just scoot up to the tank and squeeze the front brake until the back end is up to your desired height then let out on the brake a little to ride it farther.. or at least thats what I do..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowered07R6 View Post
hmmm... i've been learning to power mine up... 1st gear 12k rpms... roll off and hit the throttle hard... been hopping a lot... had a couple come up pretty high but went right back down

you have to rev it to 12k to power up 1st? or do you just like it like that.
i can power up my 04 at 6.5k-7k
post #13 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-02-2008, 08:51 PM
I eat my R6

Bike: 08 r6 mi"S"take

my 08 r6s will power up in first at 7ish, and second round 10...thats all i have for wheelies..
the burn-out----------hold front brake, stand up as far as u can forward, put bike in first, rev to about 2 or 3 at first and slip out the clutch till the tire spins then give it more gas while still holding the front brake tight..
you can also shift gears if you want to or begin to do rolling burn outs...
they are so fun but just a waste of money....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-25-2008, 08:24 PM
R6

Bike: 2006 R6 RAVEN

i been powering them up in first. i want to learn to clutch them i tried once and almost flew off the back of the bike had me scared shitless. any help?
post #15 of 82 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Bluer Than You!

Bike: 09 R6R Street,09 R6R Race
Send a message via AIM to SIKBLU

if your in 1st, thats not the best gear... try second gear. 35 mph. bounce and clutch should come up no problem and shouldnt be too violent. here's me 3rd gear bounce clutch. this has been awhile, I can ride em higher now and longer. Just need to get someone out to take pics...

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2009 Yamaha Blue R6 - Race Bike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #16 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 12:15 PM
My R6 owes me money!

Bike: 2007 Candy Red R6
Send a message via AIM to tjroux

Stoppies:

find a nice flat piece of pavement, get going about 25-35mph, and work on grabbing a hand full of front brake when your coming to a stop, consistanly increase the front brake pressure till you feel the rear tire come off the ground

Continue this till you get your desired effect

Remember, if you think your gonna dink it and go over, let off the freakin break!!!
post #17 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-10-2009, 01:07 PM
Bluer Than You!

Bike: 09 R6R Street,09 R6R Race
Send a message via AIM to SIKBLU

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjroux View Post
Remember, if you think your gonna dink it and go over, let off the freakin break!!!

2009 Yamaha Blue R6 - Race Bike

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #18 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 05:14 AM
Chicks dig me

Bike: one with 2 wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjroux
Funny that. An instinctive panic reaction that I've learned from riding in heavy traffic every day is grab a fist full of front break.

So I'm practising little wheelies (still reserved after I flipped it a while ago) and I'm just not giving it enough revs and I'm just not dropping the clutch fast enough. I'm sort of lifting it a foot and closing the throttle. So I get irritated with myself and drop the clutch at red line..... almost flipped. I go such a fright I floored the back break and grabbed the front.... ouch. She came down hard with front breaks locked. I almost lost a nut.
post #19 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 07:30 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 04 R6S
Send a message via Yahoo to easyR6

ok so what tires and tire pressure is everyone using? i know this has to make a big difference?

sig courtesy of GIJoe007
post #20 of 82 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 04:58 PM
blue is baller

Bike: 08 R6

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyR6 View Post
ok so what tires and tire pressure is everyone using? i know this has to make a big difference?
20 is usually what i keep them at , unless im trying to do slower wheelies and keep them at bp , i go with about 15 , but im no where near pro, so i would say just experiment with what u find works the best with her methods

08 R6 , fender eliminator , hot bodies flush mounts , zero smoked wind screen , vortex 520 kit -1 +2 ,pazzo shortys , lots more to come
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in