lean angle swith - Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-08-2008, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
My R6 eats me.

lean angle swith

ok i got a 06 r6s and i am wondering if anybody could explain the purpose of the switch and how it works. i took it apart and and looking at it there is a magnet that swivel im trying to figure out how to bypass it. i mean i know what the purpose is but i would like to figure something out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 03:32 AM
2 Fast 4 U

Bike: r6 2008 Blue
Send a message via MSN to TiCk_FLiP Send a message via Yahoo to TiCk_FLiP
Re: lean angle swith

Quote:
Originally Posted by titan2nv View Post
ok i got a 06 r6s and i am wondering if anybody could explain the purpose of the switch and how it works. i took it apart and and looking at it there is a magnet that swivel im trying to figure out how to bypass it. i mean i know what the purpose is but i would like to figure something out
Howcomes u wanna by pass it titan? Its better if you dont cause when yr bike takes a drop yr engine will still be running. Its there as a cut off switch.

Appearance Mods:

Puig Z-series DB Screen, Yamaha Carbon Fiber Yoke Cover, Yamaha Seat Cowl, Acumen Gear Indicator, Acumen Flasher Relay, Tripage Knightrider Centre Light, Greggs Front Flushmounts Indicators, Hein-Gerricke Rear LED Mini Indicators, Lawstcaws Frame Inserts, BikeStyle Passenger Peg Covers, Symtec Heated Grips, Pazzo Gold Shorty Levers, Gilles Gold Rear Sets, Graves Rear Brake Return Spring, Custom Rear Brake Reservoir, Nissin Rear Gold Caliper, Nissin Front Four Pot Gold Caliper, Rizoma Fluid Reservoir Tank, Goodridge 3 Line White Braided Hoses, Ohlins Steering Damper, Stomp Traction Pads, R&G Bar Ends, R&G Fender Eliminator, R&G Exhaust Protector, R&G Upper Crash Protectors, R&G Radiator Gaurd,

Performance Mods:

Akrapovic Full Carbon Slip-on, Dynojet Power Comamander III USB (with custom map pushing 112BHP), BMC Air Filter, Graves Smog Block Off Plates, ATE Super Blue Racing Brake Fluid, Pirelli Diablo Corsa III Tyres,

Security:

Datatool System 4 Alarm, Xena XN18 Disc Lock Alarm, Xena Claw18, Abus Granit Extreme Plus 59 Chain, Abus Platinum 34 Chain,

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:15 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 2008 R6S, RIP-YZF-600r

The switch will save your butt if your bike goes down. On older carbed models the carb bowls wouldn't work if it went down. Now with FI without that switch, it will continue to run and starve your motor of oil. It only takes a couple seconds to screw your bearings up and finally spin one.

They fixed the problem with the switch, if thats your concern.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2008, 04:17 AM
I eat my R6

Bike: 06 R6 Blacky

+1. I recently went down and after discovering that my collarbone was broken (plus my vision was pretty much 'whited-out' for about 6-7 mins) the last thing on my mind at that moment was my bike. Im glad that switch was there. You'd be stupid to disable it.

...unless you're doing something that i cant think of.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Go NAVY Submariners
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:20 AM
Super MOD

Bike: 04 shitbox

you fill the tip over sensor with silicone so the part in there doesnt move, so when its layed over it wont cut out

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Yamaha R6 Forum: YZF-R6 Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in